Notify
Tools

Frozen II Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Well that was a bust!
We really enjoyed the first. Finally found a copy for under $18 so I picked it up.
Doubt it will get played again. The boys have watched the 1st probably a half million times.
They are not digging this one.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My girls have probably watched it a dozen times since it hit D+

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15317 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'll admit I watched it once. There was a song that seems like it was a rather popular hit. It sounded very up beat. But watching the movie and listening to the lyrics, it's actually rather sad. It could be construed as independence but it seemed rather lonely instead.

I know I watched II but can't remember anything about it (and it was w/in the last couple of weeks).

Thread drift: I saw a bit of Guardians/Galaxy before and it seemed really stupid. Talking racoon; okayyyy..... But watched the full movies (I and II) recently and they were pretty entertaining.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Well maybe I spoke too soon. For the boys at least.
After letting it sink in 2 out 3 said it was better than the first.

They are 6 and 4 and it amazes me their comprehension after just watching it once.
They called their grandmother to tell her about it and between the two pretty much summed it up quite well in its entirety.

With the oldest boy tearing up talking about the parents dying.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
There were a couple of parts where I was getting tired of the Girl Power theme. Otherwise, it was a decent sequel. Still not my favorite recent Disney movie. Tangled seems difficult to beat.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
But watching the movie and listening to the lyrics, it's actually rather sad. It could be construed as independence but it seemed rather lonely instead.

You missed the point of the song. It isn't about choosing to be lonely at all

It was about accepting who you are and no longer trying to live up to other people's expectations...that's why it was so popular

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Better than the first and I just loved hearing Elpheba singing. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I thought it was good, more adult humor/jokes slipped in than the first.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
My wife took our granddaughter to see it. They were both disappointed. She is a HUGE fan of the first one.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My oldest is 11 and she didn't like it, but I think that is more to do with her entering that "too cool for kids stuff" phase.

My younger two (5 and 8) loved it but haven't realized it's on Disney+ yet. I don't know how much longer I can avoid it.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Definitely darker than the first. I enjoyed it a lot. Some people say it's better than the first. I don't know that I'd say it's better, but just as good as the first for sure.

I agree with Orguss about Tangled though. Still my favorite, if only by a hair. Wink

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Kristoff's '80s music video style solo was pretty hilarious. I think I enjoyed the second better.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
First one was better by far. The best part of #2 was the reindeer boy band video...I laughed at that part.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post