SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Coming to America 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coming to America 2 Login/Join 
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted
Apparently there has been talk about this for awhile but I never heard it. Now the studio has confirmed that it's happening.

https://movieweb.com/coming-2-...g-forward-paramount/

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
By Paramount's Jim Gianapoulos:
"It's no secret we've had some difficult years at the box office."

Maybe it's because, judging from your upcoming line-up, you have no clue as to what people want--or rather, don't want--to see. World War Z 2? Dungeons & Dragons? What garbage!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Eh, until it starts, or finishes for that matter, primary photography just so much Hollywood hot air. So many projects "green lit" sitting in the pre-production pipe never to see even a script let alone casting etc.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
For fuksakes leave it alone. Don’t ruin something else you hacks.

https://movieweb.com/coming-to...-unnecessary-sequel/

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Coming up next, Pongo's review of Rocky Five... Thousand."

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Terminator 6? No, no no

What men want? I assume this is a sequel to the chick flick with Mel Gibson What Women Want? How would that work, some chick can read men's minds? I want sex, I want a sammich, I want to pee, I want sex, I want a sammich, I want to pee, I want sex, I want a sammich, etc

Sonic the Hedgehog??? That game franchise died out a long time ago, way to be a decade behind on that one. Every Dungeons and Dragons movie I have ever seen makes anything on Sy-Fi channel look big budget and sophisticated.

What a boat load of fail listed.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
No, no more coming to America. We're full. Moose out front should have told ya.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Recently saw an ad for Overboard (2). With the roles reversed, wealthy man with amnesia instead of Goldie. How clever...

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Cant come up with anything original, so remake a classic. Of course, it bombs!!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Just saw this... Umm, what?? He didn't screw around when he was in America, then he got married to the hottie at the end of the movie.

This is BS. Planning to skip this one.

Coming 2 America (2020)
Comedy | Post-production

Akeem learns he has a long-lost son in the United States and must return to America to meet the unlikely heir to the throne of Zamunda. A sequel to the 1988 comedy 'Coming to America'.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
One of his “royal bathers” was phenom. I would have taken her all day over that McDowell’s lady. Hell there were hotter women at the sexual chocolate bikini contest Big Grin

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Watch the original again. It's still pretty funny. The problem is, you couldn't make that move today. The PC crowd would neuter it.
Start with this. Eddie Murphy with makeup on to be a white guy, a Jewish white guy at that.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shiftyvtec:
Recently saw an ad for Overboard (2). With the roles reversed, wealthy man with amnesia instead of Goldie. How clever...

Another un-needed "reboot".

(In case you SOMEHOW missed this tour de force cinematic masterpiece and were unaware it'd been made. Overboard 2018)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I think the only objection today would be "why are there any white people in it at all..."

quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Watch the original again. It's still pretty funny. The problem is, you couldn't make that move today. The PC crowd would neuter it.
Start with this. Eddie Murphy with makeup on to be a white guy, a Jewish white guy at that.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

That's acceptable. It's the whites who can no longer play anyone of color. Imagine Robert Downey Jr doing black face today. They'd be out in the streets rioting.

posted Hide Post
One of the funniest movies ever, if it's on, I stop

A sequel has an extraordinarily high likelihood of sucking, Hollywood is desperate for scripts, plots, stories, anything. Their model of big tent-pole movies and catering to overseas audiences (*cough, China) has crushed creativity

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Well wait for it...................

It sucked! Played like a TV movie. Bad story, bad acting, bad directing. And THEY WOKED IT OUT1 There were some funny moments. The first barber shop scene was good. You could see the woke bullshit coming and it finally did. Seeing the old characters again was nostalgic but as I said a few years ago above, should have just left it the fuck alone.

Damn. Tenet has been the only solid release in a year now. Worst film drought of my life.

Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
It sucked! ... Tenet has been the only solid release in a year now. Worst film drought of my life.

I disagree, Tenet was garbage and Coming 2 America was fine. Was it great? No, but it was a good enough light hearted watch not filed with violence and foul language.

Its good to have options Smile

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched it last night. It was just ok.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
20 minutes in and I turned it off to watch paint dry which was more enjoyable.

Great example of why most movies shouldn’t get a sequel.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post