SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Has anyone else noticed...owls are the latest hottest things...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone else noticed...owls are the latest hottest things... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
...in TV commercials...eyeglasses, online colleges and even allergy medications...I sorta understand since they are wise and all Smile...

That is all.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They have been in fashion for over 5 years now. Smile

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I love owls but the one in my tree outside my bedroom at 2:00 in the morning is a real SOB.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The world may never know.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
In part because of its trademark, this is my favorite coffee.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We get GHO's every night perching on our roof. It is a pleasant lullaby about 3:00 am.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Ha!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
The owls are not what they seem.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

"Three..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Love me them Hooters.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My wife made the same observation last nght.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Speaking of owls, whatever happened to our raptor rescue lady that was a member here? I lost her contact info for an occasional donation. I'm getting old and can't, for the life of me, remember her name.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I noticed that trend weeks ago. I like the eyeglass one - he's downright adorkable. The allergy medicine owl is ok; the college owl is not too bad.

The TripAdvisor owl has these creepy serial-killer eyes. I can't stand those commercials.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Speaking of owls, whatever happened to our raptor rescue lady that was a member here? I lost her contact info for an occasional donation. I'm getting old and can't, for the life of me, remember her name.

That's Monteen from HawkTalk.

IIRC, there was a bit of a falling-out a few years ago between HawkTalk and the forum admin, over the frequent requests for donations. She hasn't been very active since.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a fine crop of baby Cottontail Rabbits one year and enjoyed watching them, since I don't garden.
They began to disappear, often leaving behind a bit of fur.
Great Horned Owl. Silent death from above.
Now when I see all the cutesy owls on TV, I cant help but think of the disappearing bunnies!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Grumpy cat, meet Grumpy Owl.

They all look like that. This is a little owl native to Europe and Asia called, oddly enough, a little owl.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

That's Monteen from HawkTalk.

IIRC, there was a bit of a falling-out a few years ago between HawkTalk and the forum admin, over the frequent requests for donations. She hasn't been very active since.

Yeah, that's her. I didn't know about the falling out, but I sent her a few donations for her mouse inventory for her birds. I had a computer croak last year and her contact info was lost.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, those commercials are real head turners.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I had a fine crop of baby Cottontail Rabbits one year and enjoyed watching them, since I don't garden.

We had the same thing two years ago, when we let the front yard vegetation get a little high. The Gambel's Quail were gathering at dusk to highstep up into our tree to roost. There must have been 3 dozen or so that roosted there every night. Then we started seeing piles of feathers around the tree. I sat out on the porch one night to try and see what was picking them off. At twilight (scared the crap out of me) a GHO swooped in right above me and landed on our roof. Case closed. Smile

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

We had the same thing two years ago, when we let the front yard vegetation get a little high. The Gambel's Quail were gathering at dusk to highstep up into our tree to roost. There must have been 3 dozen or so that roosted there every night. Then we started seeing piles of feathers around the tree. I sat out on the porch one night to try and see what was picking them off. At twilight (scared the crap out of me) a GHO swooped in right above me and landed on our roof. Case closed. Smile

Not Great Horned Owls, but whatever owls in my area, we had an abundance of flying sqirrels around my dog kennels, I guess eating leftover dog food.

Owl showed up, I guess hunting the flying squirrels

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post