SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    We just binged Schitt's Creek on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We just binged Schitt's Creek on Netflix Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
This is a very unusual comedy spanning 6 seasons. It gets a little too gay at the end but provides lots of laughs with clever writing. Eugene Levy leads as Johnny Rose and 2 of his real life children are also in the sitcom. We liked it.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
We loved it.

You have to like really quirky shows. It’s kinda Northern Exposure-esque in its characters. I dig weird, quirky characters.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
One of the most binge worthy series out there, and also a great one to have just on in the background when you have stuff to do around the house.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
David Rose : Oh my god, is this not your mother's recipe?

Moira Rose : Yes, and now I'm passing it on to you! So try to keep up. Next step is to fold in the cheese.

David Rose : What does that mean? What does "fold in the cheese" mean?

Moira Rose : You fold it in.

David Rose : I, I understand that, but how, how do you fold it? Do you fold it in half like a piece of paper and drop it in the pot, or what do you do?

Moira Rose : David, I cannot show you everything.

David Rose : OK, well, can you show me one thing?

Moira Rose : You just... here's what you do. You just fold it in.

David Rose : OK, I don't know how to fold broken cheese like that.

Moira Rose : David, then I don't know how to be any clearer! You take that thing that's in your hand and you...

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
We started watching this when it first came out, the established cast held some promise. Not impressed, droll at best early on. But we kept at it, some adequate episodes along the way.

It never delivered to a point that we were hate watching it to see how it would find new ways to disappoint.

It finally got to the point that David had to fully come out, his flamboyance was over the top. Sticky, cloying over the top. By then all the characters started adapting his delivery and sound, particularly the sister. It's like David Levy was controlling the whole product. It became David Schitt's Creek. By the end it was insufferable in it's self satisfaction. The follow up special was so full of itself and, of course, all the woke awards shows loved it because of its oh so brave wokery so the people behind this show became even more smug.

Schitt's Creek wasn't very funny to be sure nor was it entertaining.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It had its ebbs & flows, but overall we enjoyed it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15313 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I thought it was excellent. Funny, and full of surprises, which is virtually unheard of in television. Catherine O'Hara was great, and the actress who played the daughter turned that character, who started out being the least important of the main cast, into one of the better characters.

It was not particularly woke, except that David Levy's character is gay and out. He is fairly flamboyantly gay, but is also just a weirdo. It isn't woke except that the show treats the gay romance in the same way it would treat a straight romance. It didn't politicize race, or even politicize the gay character. If treating gay characters as you would treat straight characters is woke, then okay, it is woke.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Levy (Sr) is hilarious, and I like O'Hara, too, largely from their Christopher Guest film work.

I'll check this out.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post