SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    We Lost Another One. Jerry Jeff Walker Died. UPDATE: Just got worse, now Hal Ketchum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We Lost Another One. Jerry Jeff Walker Died. UPDATE: Just got worse, now Hal Ketchum Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
A bad year continues.

Texas Music Legend Jerry Jeff Walker

He wrote this one

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Losing way too many of the great American music masters. John Prine, Glenn Campbell and now Jerry Jeff. There's no one to replace these people. No great individual talents that compare to these or others before them. I have passed all this music on to my kids from when they were small and it's taken with them they all still listen to the "good stuff" as I always called it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Vjk4X9OpzJ0 [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

So many great songs. RIP

This is one of my favorites:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFjrWPLAx4c

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
That is sad, RIP. Frown

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Better post this one for all my rodeo friends

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkC56lqSLuk

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Hate to hear that. A buddy and I went to see him in Baton Rouge he put on a great show.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite singer-songwriters. Gone too soon. So glad I got the chance to see him live a number of times over the year. RIP Jerry Jeff. Play me "The Pickup Truck Song from heaven. Say hello to Hondo.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sorry to see JJW go.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And yesterday, I read that we lost Billy Joe Shaver at age 81. Crappy week for me and Texas.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
And yesterday, I read that we lost Billy Joe Shaver at age 81. Crappy week for me and Texas.

Waylon did quite a few from Billy Joe Shaver—-like this one.

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
For many of you Hal Ketchum may not be in the same pantheon as Jerry Jeff and Billy Joe Shaver, but Hal Ketchum was also a Texas singer/songwriter. He was diagnosed with Alzheimers and it was announced a year ago that it had become advanced. He was so great. This is my favorite of many good ones.

Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can't forget Guy Clark if your talking Texas! Some of the most moving,funny,and haunting lyrics! Not tech enough to post links!look him up on YouTube and just let it roll!

Posts: 141 | Location: Ma. | Registered: November 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Windwolf:
You can't forget Guy Clark if your talking Texas! Some of the most moving,funny,and haunting lyrics! Not tech enough to post links!look him up on YouTube and just let it roll!

Nobody’s forgetting Guy Clark, but he died 4 1/2 years ago. Hal Ketchum died last night, the other two within the last month.

posted Hide Post
Hal Ketchum was always one of my favorites and his song Small Town Saturday night is on my playlist loop for when I work in the garage, or kick around the house.

I forgot that he had dementia.

I personally feel he did not get as much attention as he should have.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hal Ketchum had a great body of work. Saw him in a small club about 3-4 years ago. Great show.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post