SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "455 Rocket"...Kathy Mattea :-)...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"455 Rocket"...Kathy Mattea :-)... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
I love this song Razz...She's a rocket...she was made to burn!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/kQZV6q00sUc

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The 1960's produced some great muscle cars. Big blocks like the 455, you could watch the gas gauge move in real time. Smile

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dad bought a brand new Rocket 88 in 1951, one of the early ones. Cool car. I have a photo of him standing in front of the car bearing the same license plate, that's now on my car some 65 years later. Don't forget the song, "Rocket 88" by Ike Turner and others, that some music historians credit with being the first Rock and Roll song.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
My 455 was a Buick, but I've always loved that song.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
yeah, I like that song too!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
My dad had a 1968 Olds 98 w/ the 455 Rocket V8 and a 4 barrel carb. When the throttle was blipped, the whole car tilted to one side.

Posts: 1296 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Too funny! I just said recently that if you know all the words to this song then we are probably bound to be good friends.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post