Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Jedi Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
So I've been reading some of the reviews...sounds promising considering the unimaginative drivel that JJ Abrams foisted upon an unsuspecting universe with The Force Awakens. But 2 1/2 hours? These days I don't think my bladder can last that long...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
^^^^ well...look at your location Wink^^^^

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing it after the rush dies down.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my tickets for reserved IMAX 2d seats on Friday.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've heard it's being compared to Empire Strikes Back in some aspects. That's a great sign as I was pretty disappointed by Force Awakens.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I've heard it's being compared to Empire Strikes Back

And by "compared to", do they mean "a direct copy of the script from"...

ala A New Hope/The Force Awakens? Big Grin

I can see it now: The movie opens on the desert world of Goth. The bad guys attack the good guys at their base with BT-BT walkers, and the heroes discover that the only way to defeat the walkers is by tripping them with their sandspeeder vehicles. Meanwhile, Rey trains to be a Jedi with Luke in the forests of the Begodah system, while Finn travels to the floating Water City on the water planet of Wespin. Finn and his friends are invited to dinner by his old buddy of his, only to discover Kylo Ren waiting for him in the dining room. Finn is captured and placed in stasis, but has time to share a final kiss with Poe. Rey arrives at Water City for a showdown with Kylo, during which she loses a foot but manages to escape. Roll credits.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
I've heard it's being compared to Empire Strikes Back

And by "compared to", do they mean "a direct copy of the script from"...

ala A New Hope/The Force Awakens? Big Grin

I can see it now: The movie opens on the desert world of Goth. The bad guys attack the good guys at their base with BT-BT walkers, and the heroes discover that the only way to defeat the walkers is by tripping them with their landspeeder vehicles. Meanwhile, Rey trains with Luke in the forests of the Begodah system, while Finn travels to the floating Water City on the water planet of Wespin, where he's invited to dinner by his old friend only to discover Kylo Ren waiting for him in the dining room. Finn is captured and placed in stasis, after sharing a final kiss and words of love with Poe. Rey arrives at Water City for a showdown with Kylo, during which she loses a foot but manages to escape. Roll credits.

that was funny Big Grin

and hoping completely wrong,,, (another not really happy with TFA

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you like that you'll love Episode 9, where Finn is rescued from statis and then has to fight to escape the clutches of a skinny criminal warlord, followed by a large land battle where the heroes are aided by a race of diminutive lizardfolks while they attempt to disable the shield protecting the Empire's latest superweapon, and Rey has a final showdown with Kylo where he recognizes the error of his ways and redeems himself by throwing Snoke into a volcano.

Oh, and lens flare. Lots and lots of lens flare.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any previews/trailers/teasers. I won't read any reviews.

I have tickets for the day after Christmas at the Movie Tavern.

Another SW nerd here at work asked why I won't watch the previews. I told him because I want to see it all the first time and I don't need previews to tell me I should see it, because even if it's the worst sci-fi movie ever I will still go see it because, well, Star Wars.

I liked Ep 7. Not as good as 4-6 or Rogue One but definitely better than 1-3, and I actually liked 3.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've heard it's being compared to Empire Strikes Back in some aspects. That's a great sign as I was pretty disappointed by Force Awakens.

Similar but not the same; kinda inevitable given how Abrams wrote the ending for the last episode. More twists and turns however. And surprises. I've come across and read some of the spoilers (I'm kinda that way; read the book before the movie thing), since Europe has already had screenings and folks there are blathering about it on the web. Apparently this director intentionally sought for significant differences, and Disney allowed for it to happen. I think this is why he was given control of the NEXT Star Wars property to be developed rather than move to and direct Episode IX. For that we get Abrams again. Cuddly spiders instead of Ewok furbies I hear.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
If you like that you'll love Episode 9, where Finn is rescued from statis and then has to fight to escape the clutches of a skinny criminal warlord, followed by a large land battle where the heroes are aided by a race of diminutive lizardfolks while they attempt to disable the shield protecting the Empire's latest superweapon, and Rey has a final showdown with Kylo where he recognizes the error of his ways and redeems himself by throwing Snoke into a volcano.

Oh, and lens flare. Lots and lots of lens flare.

sleestaks? Big Grin

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
So I've been reading some of the reviews...sounds promising considering the unimaginative drivel that JJ Abrams foisted upon an unsuspecting universe with The Force Awakens. But 2 1/2 hours? These days I don't think my bladder can last that long...

I read similar reviews for TFA prior to release.

I read some today and they weren’t all good. Here is hoping Mr. Looper pulled it off.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Hiding from reviews and you guys.

Watching it Monday with my son after he gets out of school. That's my next day off Frown

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
IMAX 3D for the premiere Thursday night!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Headed tomorrow to the special event that Disney is doing in some places that is showing the force awakens and the last Jedi consecutively

when TFA premiered I went to a similar event that showed episodes 1-6 then premiered 7

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got home from watching TLJ, and I give it a C-

Maybe it will be better after a second viewing, but I really wasn't that impressed.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Posts: 309 | Location: Clackamas, OR | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
We’ve had tickets for a couple of months or so. Going tomorrow night at a out of the way, swanky movie tavern. It’s never crowded!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silverspyder1996:

Maybe it will be better after a second viewing, but I really wasn't that impressed.

Most of the reviews are pretty amazing. What didn't you like?

(I'm seeing it tomorrow with my parents. Lucky to get the last 3 adjacent seats.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I also just got home from it

C- may be too generous

I may have legitimately hated it. There were some parts I liked, a few a lot, and I'm trying to figure out if those parts were enough to make me soften on the many, many parts I hated

It's hard to SN sy why without spoilers. When that thread pops up, I will have more

quote:
Originally posted by silverspyder1996:

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I propose no spoilers until the weekend is over.

After Sunday, spoil away.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post