SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Clint Eastwood is back. Trailer for his new movie "Richard Jewell"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clint Eastwood is back. Trailer for his new movie "Richard Jewell" Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Trailer for Clint Eastwood's new movie "Richard Jewell" just dropped today.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/gSMxBLlA8qY

https://thefilmstage.com/trail...-paul-walter-hauser/

After others tried to get the film made for over five years, Clint Eastwood went ahead and shot his Richard Jewell film–simply titled Richard Jewell–about three months ago, and now it’s coming out to theaters in less than three months. Led by I, Tonya break-out star Paul Walter Hauser, the cast also includes Sam Rockwell, Kathy Bates, Jon Hamm, and Olivia Wilde, Warner Bros. has now debuted the first trailer.

Based on a 1997 Vanity Fair article by Marie Brenner (author of the source material for Michael Mann’s The Insider) and scripted by Billy Ray, it follows the public torment of Richard Jewell, a security guard working at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. He was initially lauded as a hero for discovering three pipe bombs on the premises, but then vilified by the media for being a potential suspect, despite a lack of evidence; Jewell was eventually cleared of all charges.

Directed by Clint Eastwood and based on true events, “Richard Jewell” is a story of what happens when what is reported as fact obscures the truth.
“There is a bomb in Centennial Park. You have thirty minutes.” The world is first introduced to Richard Jewell as the security guard who reports finding the device at the 1996 Atlanta bombing—his report making him a hero whose swift actions save countless lives. But within days, the law enforcement wannabe becomes the FBI’s number one suspect, vilified by press and public alike, his life ripped apart.

Reaching out to independent, anti-establishment attorney Watson Bryant, Jewell staunchly professes his innocence. But Bryant finds he is out of his depth as he fights the combined powers of the FBI, GBI and APD to clear his client’s name, while keeping Richard from trusting the very people trying to destroy him.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And the media hasn't learned a single lesson from that travesty. In fact, they've only gotten more despicable.

I'm going to see it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
The not so funny thing is the FBI hung on to Jewell well after the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) ruled him out as a suspect. The inside joke in the LEO community at the time was "the GBI is what the FBI wants to be when it grows up." Overall, I have been very unimpressed with FBI agents who showed up to help on cases. Had a guy carjack a lady in Missouri and he drove her to Illinois where he dropped her off in the middle of nowhere. We got the suspect identified, and at 0901 hours the day we started looking for him, 4 FBI agents showed up to help track the suspect down. Now remember, suspect has been fully identified, including date of birth. The agents said they were there to the end with us and would track the suspect 24/7 until he was caught. Once the agents realized the suspect was 17 years old (considered a juvenile in Federal system but was considered an adult in Missouri), they were gone by 0922 hours. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3927 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
The not so funny thing is the FBI hung on to Jewell well after the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) ruled him out as a suspect. The inside joke in the LEO community at the time was "the GBI is what the FBI wants to be when it grows up." Overall, I have been very unimpressed with FBI agents who showed up to help on cases. Had a guy carjack a lady in Missouri and he drove her to Illinois where he dropped her off in the middle of nowhere. We got the suspect identified, and at 0901 hours the day we started looking for him, 4 FBI agents showed up to help track the suspect down. Now remember, suspect has been fully identified, including date of birth. The agents said they were there to the end with us and would track the suspect 24/7 until he was caught. Once the agents realized the suspect was 17 years old (considered a juvenile in Federal system but was considered an adult in Missouri), they were gone by 0922 hours. Roll Eyes

Typical of the kind of "cooperation" I had when dealing with the FBI most of the time. If I had a fugitive I was trying to locate and I needed help because I believed he'd fled my jurisdiction, the U.S. Marshal's Service was the "go to" organization. Great people that never failed to give 100% effort and never cared about grabbing headlines. Funny how different agencies' cultures can be.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
powerful trailer

the cliche warning : "I'm from the US Government and I'm here to help..." is deserving

remember this story quite well from the time

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It angers me now just as it did back then, what the "press" did to this man.

Here's a copy of the Atlanta Shit Rag I saved.

Guilty until proven innocent.

Posts: 107510 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I wanted to refresh my memory of this so did a little research and saw that he died in 2007 at the age of 44. Very sad indeed. I'll be seeing this in the theater for sure.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard Jewell successfully sued CNN, the New York Times, NBC and several other news outlets for significant sums. Jewell also worked in various law enforcement jobs, including as a police officer in Pendergrass, Georgia. He worked as a deputy sheriff in Meriwether County, Georgia until his death. I am glad that he reached his dream of being a police officer before his death. May God bless him. He is a hero of mine.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
And the media hasn't learned a single lesson from that travesty. In fact, they've only gotten more despicable.

I'm going to see it.

Oh...sir! Those morons have QUADRUPLED down!!!

Same here...I'm in!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Me too. I'll catch this one when it comes out (13 Dec). Eastwood is da man.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I remember that. I will be seeing this for sure.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Typical of the kind of "cooperation" I had when dealing with the FBI most of the time. If I had a fugitive I was trying to locate and I needed help because I believed he'd fled my jurisdiction, the U.S. Marshal's Service was the "go to" organization. Great people that never failed to give 100% effort and never cared about grabbing headlines. Funny how different agencies' cultures can be.

US Marshals are great in my experience as well. FBI, somewhat less. I was running an enforcement detail once when one of my guys ran down a bunch of cars that had suddenly made a U-turn after we’d stopped a suspicious vehicle. He came back saying they were all FBI (Friendly But Incompetent) in an elaborate tail following it on a case involving the operators. I sent him back to ask what they wanted my people to do. “Do whatever you usually do” was the reply, so I hooked the car and had the occupants dropped at the nearest train station with a fistful of Simplified Traffic Infraction summonses and informed the FBI to take it from there. They freaked but since it was my standard procedure it was a you asked for it thing. They somehow managed to lose them at the train station anyway and came back crying and I advised them to subpoena the impound yard to let their forensics people have a go at the car to examine everything in it and add a camera or two to record subsequent activity, which led to a multi state indictment for some serious shit. Special agent in charge of NY office called to say thanks. I held my tongue and just said glad to be of assistance.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I think the timing of this film is perfect, unlike many in social media and reader's comments in various articles. Seems these naysayers lean to the left, thinking this is a continuation of the "fake news" agenda of the right, with "old man Eastwood" pushing it along. And of course none of these idiots have seen the movie yet. I look forward to seeing it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I think the timing of this film is perfect, unlike many in social media and reader's comments in various articles. Seems these naysayers lean to the left, thinking this is a continuation of the "fake news" agenda of the right, with "old man Eastwood" pushing it along. And of course none of these idiots have seen the movie yet. I look forward to seeing it.

And most of them likely have never heard of Richard Jewell.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Eastwood is an American Treasure. Period.

Cant wait for the movie to drop in theaters.

I remember those events pretty well and even attended an Olympic event during those games.

"Bubba with a Bomb"

They didn't like the way he looked, where he lived and the way he talked so they ground his grits for three months. They (media and FBI) stole that man's life. And had ZERO evidence that would make him a "person of interest"....except that he was the hero who discovered the bomb laden backpack and started clearing the crowd.

The parts in the trailer where they encourage him to repeat the phone call threat will make your blood boil when you also realize they had staged the interrogation as a "First Responder Training Event" video. If I have it correct, they made him repeat that line like 30 times. To make the training video "more realistic" they had an FBI agent come in to "read him his Miranda rights"...you know...just to make it more real and everything. That is when Jewell finally bailed on the "first responder training video"/interrogation after consulting with a friend via telephone.

0:01

Posts: 4207 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’ll be at the theatre on 12/13/19 when this movie opens.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I hope this movie is better than his last one, 'The Mule', what a boring dime-a-dozen movie.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You should be grateful that Clint Eastwood is still making movies at all, and you should appreciate the high quality of the average film directed/produced by Mr. Eastwood. Complaining about a bad Eastwood film is like complaining about a bad Mozart symphony.

Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Um... you know maybe I was too hasty. I think I better go watch that film again. Smile

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why? You didn't like it the first time. You won't like it if you watch it again. My point is that we are fortunate to have the man making movies at his age, and this latest of his looks to be quite good.