SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    House of Cards, season 6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House of Cards, season 6 Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
Anybody looking forward to this? I'll watch it since I've seen all of it so far, but I have my doubts.

Trailer

https://www.netflix.com/title/70178217

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I liked it a lot the first few seasons, but at this point am only mildly interested.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
They went all PC preachy ever since the Spacey fiasco, not to mention it just hasn't been very good pas the first 2 seasons IMO. I might give it a chance.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons, but for me the series pretty much ran out of steam by the end of Season 4. I may have watched Season 5, but can't even recall for sure if I did. Unless I hear that things really got turned around, I'll pass on Season 6.

By the way, if the original version is still available, be sure to watch that.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6404 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was moderately interested in seeing how it would end before the Spacey fiasco. Now I'm much less interested because the interplay was always Frank and Claire vs. the world or Frank vs. Claire and now there's no Frank which makes things much less interesting. I guess the only question is do they make Claire pay or does she become St. Claire in a "see a woman, Hillary, would have been a great president" kind of way.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The first couple of season were great but it did trail off a good bit the last one I watched.

I'll likely watch the final season if I can see it for free while traveling, but it's not remotely on the must watch list anymore.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons, but for me the series pretty much ran out of steam by the end of Season 4. I may have watched Season 5, but can't even recall for sure if I did. Unless I hear that things really got turned around, I'll pass on Season 6.

By the way, if the original version is still available, be sure to watch that.

ditto,

Wife and I were wondering if we ever finished season 5, seems neither of us remember

will watch 6, or at least try,

guess we need to dial up 5 first and revisit,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
They went all PC preachy ever since the Spacey fiasco, not to mention it just hasn't been very good pas the first 2 seasons IMO. I might give it a chance.

You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment having only ever watched the original.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I'll probably give it a go since I watched and enjoyed seasons 1 - 4. Five sucked. Spacey was of course the main character in that show and he played it well, but I'm having a hard time getting over the antics he pulled which got him canned. I guess I shouldn't hold that against the rest of the company.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post