SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Locke & Key: Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Locke & Key: Netflix Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
Just finished this new series and I enjoyed it.

It is based on a book by Joe Hill (Stephen King's Son)

If you like Stranger Things you might like this.

It's about an old family house that has magic keys hidden throughout that do all types of things both good and bad for the family.

They fight a demon that is up to no good.

It's a PG13 type series but I enjoyed season 1.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friends recommended it to me yesterday. We watch the same kind of shows and since they enjoyed it, I'll be tuning in shortly.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
GF and I watched it yesterday and liked it well enough.
Question: Was that Joe Hill as one of the EMTs? When I saw him I thought it looked a lot like Stephen King doing a cameo but way too young.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Watched season 1. Overall, I enjoyed it. A little too teen-angsty at first. But it got better. The demon was cool. I am waiting for season 2 now. Bode, the youngest kid is by far the smartest of the 3.

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
GF and I watched it yesterday and liked it well enough.
Question: Was that Joe Hill as one of the EMTs? When I saw him I thought it looked a lot like Stephen King doing a cameo but way too young.

Yes, I think so...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Binged it last night. Enjoyed it.

Posts: 11165 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
how could the brother not be freaked out after realizing he slept with lucas in the van?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Gave it a chance and liked it.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Generally like it. Kind of interesting although teen-ish in some respects.

I'm increasingly disliking the Kinsey character though and not sure how the writers couple fear and logic together. Losing fear shouldn't mean you lose reason, logic and sanity. Along with courtesy and respect and doing whatever the hell you want.

She's become a real idiot bitch. Losing fear shouldn't have been this result. Cafeteria scene was disgraceful. She has no clue what this all means and treats it like a toy.

Agree that Bode is probably the smartest. Seriously, the eldest is just worried about getting laid after experiencing the keys and the encounter w/ the demon?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Hill's debut novel (Heart Shaped Box), and I like his dad's work.

I should check this out.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure how you guys stayed enjoying this. Every passing episode leaves me increasingly frustrated with this idiotic Locke family. No smarts, no guts. Cowardly stupid idiots. I hope they all die in the end and the next generation of cousins or something is better. I hate clueless gutless characters.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I’m not sure how you guys stayed enjoying this. Every passing episode leaves me increasingly frustrated with this idiotic Locke family. No smarts, no guts. Cowardly stupid idiots. I hope they all die in the end and the next generation of cousins or something is better. I hate clueless gutless characters.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Just finished up lastnight and aside from the teeny bopper sections enjoyed it fairly well.

quote:
Generally like it. Kind of interesting although teen-ish in some respects.

I'm increasingly disliking the Kinsey character though and not sure how the writers couple fear and logic together. Losing fear shouldn't mean you lose reason, logic and sanity. Along with courtesy and respect and doing whatever the hell you want.

She's become a real idiot bitch. Losing fear shouldn't have been this result. Cafeteria scene was disgraceful. She has no clue what this all means and treats it like a toy.

I think this is the exact point that was trying to be illustrated. Granted we saw very little of their life before the move, I think the point was her life had been so controlled by fear she had no logic, sanity, or reason all of her actions prior to had been based off fear.

She looses fear and 1st thing in the morning she rips into her Mom for never being there when she was young, she uses the head key see the memory from the zoo or aquarium and she always thought it was just her and her Dad but the memory shows her mom was actually there.
She has a mea culpa and apologizes to her mom as she realized she was wrong.

The cafeteria scene she has Scot trying to get her to stop and Gabe encouraging her to continue. Kind of the Angel and Devil on opposite shoulders. While it had not been explained, though in that scene my wife called it, Gabe is not who we thought he was and is actually a bad guy.
Kinsey has no self conditioning in how she should properly act and chooses to go with the devil on the shoulder instead of the angel.

Then as for going into the Sea Caves the first time she is flat reckless with no regard for anyone as she hasn’t learned it. This too she later has a mea culpa and apologizes to her friends and recognizes what she did was wrong and dangerous.

quote:

I too got frustrated with the cowardice of the family but how far off are they really from a large portion of the population?

I thought little Bode was pretty ballsy for being so young, kept going to the well house, and exploring the house with all the weird stuff going on.

I will say I very much dislike Mom’s character.

I am looking forward to Season 2.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post