SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    For Ken Follett fans...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Ken Follett fans... Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted

A Column of Fire was released on 12 September. It's the third novel in his 'Kingsbridge' series (The first two being The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. I'm about 1/4 of the way through it and am enjoying it immensely.

He's been one of my authors since Eye of the Needle, which IMHO is the best spy thriller ever.

If you're not already a fan and are looking for something to read, check him out.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I've read most of his stuff including PoTE and WWE. I really enjoyed PoTE. WWE was ok. He's really the only author I read. My first Follett book was Triple. I read it in 7th grade.

Posts: 11165 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I really enjoyed PoTE. WWE was ok.

My thoughts exactly.

Funnily enough, the miniseries were the same. PotE was excellent, but WWE was just OK.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Pillars of the Earth

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't read anything of his for a while.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I started to read The Pillars of the Earth years ago and it just never clicked for me and I only got about a quarter of the way through it. I might have to give it another try.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I started to read The Pillars of the Earth years ago and it just never clicked for me and I only got about a quarter of the way through it. I might have to give it another try.

Jim

A friend recommended it to me about 20 years or so ago. I found the first part to be a little boring, but ended up loving it. The TV adaptation was very good, too.

I ended up on a Ken Follett kick for a while after that, reading all of his books that were then in our local library.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post