SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Miami Vice question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Miami Vice question Login/Join 
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted
Why do all the guys get called by their last name, but Gina and Trudy get called by their first name? Confused

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Most of the detectives in the squad have short last names. It's easier say than "Calabrese". Though Joplin isn't all that complicated to say... Maybe it's just sexism. Razz

Posts: 2661 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been a few years since I've binge watched it, but if I remember correctly the detectives usually called each other by their first names. The lieutenants usually called the male detectives by their last names, but I seem to remember several instances of Sonny in particular being called by his first name.

But you are correct that I can't recall a single specific instance of Gina or Trudy being called by their last name.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Why do all the guys get called by their last name, but Gina and Trudy get called by their first name? Confused

Sorry can't help you. I watch Miami Vice reruns on a Spanish speaking TV channel in Tucson, so I don't know what names they're called.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that Crockett was called “Sonny” pretty often.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Sorry can't help you. I watch Miami Vice reruns on a Spanish speaking TV channel in Tucson, so I don't know what names they're called.

"You might have commendations up the ying-yang in Tucson or Phoenix or wherever the hell it is you're from, but this is Miami, pal, where you can't even tell the players without a program! Down here, you're just another amateur." Razz

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

"You might have commendations up the ying-yang in Tucson or Phoenix or wherever the hell it is you're from, but this is Miami, pal, where you can't even tell the players without a program! Down here, you're just another amateur." Razz

Well, technically it's

"Puede que tengas elogios en el ying-yang en Tucson o Phoenix o donde sea que seas, pero este es Miami, amigo, ¡donde ni siquiera puedes decirle a los jugadores sin un programa! Aquí abajo, eres solo otro amateu"

But Bravo...nicely played. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post