SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Art Film: Loving Vincent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Art Film: Loving Vincent Login/Join 
posted
Saw this film yesterday and really enjoyed it. They blend film, animation and Van Gogh oil paintings together with flash backs done in black and white.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3262342/

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see that.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I really liked this film, but I'll watch anything with Saoirse Ronan in it, even if she is just rotoscoped into a moving oil painting.

The story is okay, very reverential to van Gogh's life and chock full of detail, but a little convoluted and lacking in focus and pace.

The execution is insane. I was blown away realizing that when characters move, they'll leave a blur because it's where the artists are painting the scenery on top of where the character was in the previous frames. And scenes where the entire shot pivots or rotates are jaw dropping. I loved the shot of van Gogh staring at his reflection in a bowl of water.

Definitely one of the best cinematic experiences I've had this year.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post