SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Suggestions for movie downloads for a long flight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for movie downloads for a long flight Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Leaving for Rome tomorrow and need suggestions for movie downloads for in flight entertainment. I'm basically looking for mindless entertainment. Also need something that I won't have to do and explaining if my 12 year old daughter happens to be looking over at my computer. Thoughts so far

Top Gun
Tombstone
Unforgiven

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Snakes on a Plane?

Final Destination?

Fight Club?

Nope. How about Lord of the Rings trilogy...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Lord of the Rings or for you both, a Harry Potter marathon?

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

And duh.... Airplane.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Don't bring any of the following:

Sully
Flight
Airport '77
Turbulence
Flight 77

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Castaway.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have not followed all of the latest updates on this issue, but will you be able to bring your laptop in the cabin for the return trip?

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
It's hard to suggest movies without knowing what type of movies you guys usually like, but...

Blazing Saddles
Silverado
Bull Durham
Hot Fuzz
Star Trek (the new movies)
Euro Trip
National Lampoon's European Vacation or Vegas Vacation
Shawshank Redemption

Have a great trip!

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Airplane
Airplane II: The Sequel

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Godfather Trilogy (or at least part 1 & 2)

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I have not followed all of the latest updates on this issue, but will you be able to bring your laptop in the cabin for the return trip?

What is the new talk about laptops on planes?

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Snakes on a Plane, Airplane, Airforce One, Con Air, and Alive...?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

What is the new talk about laptops on planes?

No devices larger than a cell phone on international flights to the US, from certain countries. That is US policy. UK has a similar one, but a different list of countries. It is being considered to expand the lists, or even ban them on all international flights. Heck, if they can put a bomb in a laptop, to my way of thinking, they should be banned on all flights, or none. A terrorist can just as easily buy a domestic ticket. Why distinguish just international flights? It is being argued that a bomb in the cabin is easier to detonate than one in the cargo hold. Roll Eyes At any rate, I am glad I will never fly again, for many reasons other than just this.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Green Mile will get you thru a few hours. Maybe your daughter will be napping...

Posts: 425 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post