SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Cinematic or TV show goofs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cinematic or TV show goofs Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
We started watching The Transporter The Series on Netflix last night and in the first episode there is a serious goof.
Frank the main character is in a car chase driving and Audi with a Female passenger. Then allow of the sudden the scene changes angles and he is driving a large truck vehicle transport vehicle and the female is driving the Audi and they are still being chased by the same crew.
No explanation or anything about how he got the truck.

It then brought to mind the show Starnger Things that takes place in the early 80s that did a very good job with proper time period placement of stuff but there is one scene where they walk up to a house that has dimensional shingles on a very simple house while the norm on most houses today no way they would have been on such a house in the 80s.

Any goofs come to mind for you?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the goofs where one scene shows the hero shooting a Glock and the next scene shows him with a Sig.
Happens fairly frequently!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
From Designated Survivor, Agent Wells in hot pursuit...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

yep, gonna go far with that one...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
LOL - I was watching Blood Diamond the other night and the scene where the lead character's son is put into the rebel's truck - as the truck starts driving away the boy hits one of the rebel's AK's and the magazine pops right out.

Had to back it up and verify what I saw. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I just remembered that in the closing scene of Mel Brooks History of the World when they are riding the chariot out you can clearly see the tire tracks of the camera car in front of the chariot.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend told me today about the latest Longmire episode. Some guy (Longmire?) hears someone behind him rack the slide on a pump shotgun and when he turns around, the bad guy is holding a side by side.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So it was a simpsons pump action double barrel. What's the problem. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Walking Tall part 2. During a chase scene, bad guy is firing a handgun clearly in slide lock.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
- The hubcaps in Bullit.

- The bullet holes behind Jules in the scene in the apartment from Pulp Fiction. The holes are there before the guy in the bathroom starts shooting.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Sound effect of someone cocking the hammer on a Glock. Too many to list.

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
If you go to IMDB, there is a "Gaffes" section where you can look at all the mistakes sharp-eyed people find in films and TV.

One of the most common are anachronisms where a car or a song or something will be featured that hasn't been made yet for that year or era the movie is in.

It's kind of fun for me to see all what people have found, I've even submitted one to IMDB for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan where in the movie they show items from the SS Botany Bay spacecraft on the surface of Ceti Alfa V but in the prequel to this in TOS episode "Space Seed" it's clearly shown that Khan ditches the Botany Bay in space when he takes over the Enterprise.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I'm watching that sci-fi show Extinct and the guy has a FN FS2000 with a scope on it and he's pointing the rifle at things and the scope has flip up caps and they're closed. Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
In The Hunt for Red October, the scene where they're evacuating the sub, you can see the whole camera crew on deck.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I just remembered that in the closing scene of Mel Brooks History of the World when they are riding the chariot out you can clearly see the tire tracks of the camera car in front of the chariot.

That's probably not a goof, just Mel Brooks. He did the same sort of thing at the end of Blazing Saddles.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
An accounting of the number of photon torpedoes used in Star Trek: Voyager:
https://youtu.be/PIGxMENwq1k

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post