SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A look back Bob Newhart’s career as he turns 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A look back Bob Newhart’s career as he turns 91 Login/Join 
posted
One of my favorite comedians. His favorites,surprisingly were Don Rickles and Richard Pryor. Here is the story and the link:

TV legend, Chicago’s Very Own Bob Newhart turned 91 on Saturday.

From his standup comedy, to his television show, he’s made so many of us laugh over the decades.

WGN’s Dean Richards sat down with the iconic Newhart on Zoom to talk about his life and career.

LINK to intereview: https://wgntv.com/news/deans-l...reer-as-he-turns-91/

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Fond memories. When i was a kid, my dad brought home Newhart’s first album, “The Button-Down Mind of Bob Newhart.” Been ages since I listened to it, but Michael’s thread caused me to think of it and post this routine from that first album.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Newharts success is based on him just being himself. I enjoyed his Emmy winning stint on Big Bang Theory.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I can’t think of anything Bob Newhart has done that did not make me laugh out loud...happy 91st birthday Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
He'll be remembered as one of the greats. One of the few comedians who could do a fake telephone conversation like it was real, responding to instead of just repeating what the other person is saying.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16354 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the Newhart Show with Larry, Daryl & Daryl.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdUWXf8jJk

Final minutes of last Newhart Show.....Pure comedy gold.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

And yes, to sweaters on curvy females! Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
A truly funny man. Happy Birthday.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post