SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Pondering an African safari
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pondering an African safari Login/Join 
posted
Later this year with our adult daughter, this package is with the agency a pal used:

https://www.oattravel.com/trip...icid=pghdr_viewdandp

Has anyone done this or something simliar?

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Africa is a big place.

If you imagine "Africa" to look like The Lion King, then you are imagining Tanzania and Kenya.

My wife and I did Kenya for our honeymoon, and we loved it.

I think the only advice I can give is to look for multiple tour agencies for competitive rates. We noticed, at least for Kenya, that prices varied greatly between Safari operators, despite all advertising the same hotel/camp properties.

Once you figure out which properties the Safaris operate out of, you can more accurately compare prices.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
I've spent some time in Somalia, Burundi and Kenya. During that time we did an overnight safari in Kenya. It was an incredible experience and I recommend it to anyone. As said before, Africa is incredibly large so I'm not sure that the countries you are considering will offer the same experience.

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post