SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Kinks getting back together
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Kinks getting back together Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
I'm not one to get into dinosaur 60s bands nowadays, like the Stones, The Who, or McCartney. Just way past their time in the game.

But The Kinks is an interesting band to consider; they haven't been together in decades, the fights (and split) between Dave and Ray are part of rock n roll lore. Sales-wise, they were never in the same league as the above mentioned, but IMO, The Kinks are right up there with their peers as far as pure music. I love The Kinks, and I might be persuaded to see them if they tour, and buy their album if they decide to record.

https://www.upi.com/Entertainm...album/7861530033331/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this info. I like The Kinks, and I saw them several times in concert in the 1970s. To say that Mick Avory and Dave Davies do not get along is an understatement. It is lucky they have not killed each other. Pete Quaife quit the band because he could not stand the constant fighting.

Despite what Ray jokes about, a re-united Kinks could draw 3 to 5 thousand in L.A. and New York. They would also do well on the summer festival tour in Europe. Of course, they would need a good keyboard player and bass player to round out the Kinks' sound.

I wish them the best with it because, after all, as noted above, no one is getting any younger.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Celluloid Heroes, Strangers no more, Really got me.....they had some real Classics !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I would love to see them on a sunny afternoon.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
One from the Road is a great album. I do like me some Kinks. I hope they tour and make some bucks.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Love me some Kinks but I don't have any interest in seeing them live at their age. I would be interested in any new music they put out.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post