SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Justified TV Show Ad: What’s Up With Raylan’s Glock?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justified TV Show Ad: What’s Up With Raylan’s Glock? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Saw an ad for Justified on FB tight and Raylan’s Glock bugs me. What’s going on with that? They don’t look like that on the underside muzzle end from what I remember. The artist mixing up his Glocks and 1911’s??

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I think it was actually supposed to be a 226.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

IIRC Raylan uses a P226 in the first episode in Miami when he shoots Tommy Bucks.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Finger! Why is it on damn near every movie poster they can't keep their finger off the trigger?

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Finger! Why is it on damn near every movie poster they can't keep their finger off the trigger?

Because who gives a shit? I'm more worried about his giant goddamned head.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
His finger is on the trigger because he just fired the pistol. You can tell because of the smoke coming out of the muzzle. I mean it's obvious. O_o

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
then why isn't there a hole in the brim of his hat?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

IIRC Raylan uses a P226 in the first episode in Miami when he shoots Tommy Bucks.

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2RjVAWL64hk

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
He might've used a 226 at first, but he then switched over to some compact version of the 1911, and finally started carrying a Glock just like the real US Marshals. The thing is, from the trigger guard, mag plate and "emergency mag removal" cutout at the bottom of the front of the frame, that there's a Glock he's carrying in the picture. And no, I have no idea what's up with the underside of that pistol.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Uhhhhhh. Sorta. The "Real US Marshals" SOG Team carried SIG P226s in some numbers up till the last few years. For the last several years, there have been a hodge podge of pistols until the unit went 2011 as a "standardized" gun.

It would not have been unheard of for there to be deputies with P226s in the field. Given his stint at FLETC, it wouldn't have been out of the ordinary.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
SIG-Sauer P226
In "Fire in the Hole" (S1E01), Raylan mentions in a conversation with Boyd Crowder that he used a SIG-Sauer P226 while confronting Tommy Bucks. Chief Deputy US Marshal Art Mullen (Nick Searcy) uses a SIG P226 during the gunfight against Crowder's two "fat" Neo Nazi thugs.

SIG-Sauer "Non Gun"
At the beginning of "Fire in the Hole" (S1E01), Deputy US Marshal Raylan Givens (Timothy Olyphant) is seen using what appears to be a SIG-Sauer P226 in a confrontation with Tommy Bucks (Peter Greene). Upon closer inspection, the handgun appears to be a SIG-Sauer "Non Gun" flashpaper replica. The SIG non-gun is also seen used by Travis Travers (Greg Cromer) in "The Fixer" (S1E03).

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It's a Siglock.

Only available to special agents of the Marshall service

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For Raylan fan he will be in season two of the Mandalorian playing . . such a stretch, a small town marshal.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post