SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Crown Vic movie (dark LAPD cop flick)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crown Vic movie (dark LAPD cop flick) Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Saw this movie tonight on Amazon Prime. Had to rent it. Very dark LAPD flick, similar to Training Day, that follows a rookie on his first day.

Perhaps written by a veteran cop, some authentic grit.

Some bullshit, but easy to overlook.

Worth the watch.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Actors from Man in the High Castle and The Expanse - will definitely check it out.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Watched it this morning while the family was out, definitely worth watching.

I enjoyed both Thomas Jane's and Luke Kleintank's performances - both play very similar to the roles they played in The Expanse (Jane as a hard edged, loner cop / investigator) and The Man in the High Castle (Kleintank as a new guy not sure of what to do) but they definitely take to the LA cop scene.

Yes, some typical liberties taken with Cop stories (they all do), but if enjoyed Training Day and other darker cop flicks, it's well worth the $6 to rent on Amazon.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Then there's End of Watch, which other than it's (mostly) predictable plot, is a good drama. Included with Netflix.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post