SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rise of Skywalker - Spoiler Discussions
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rise of Skywalker - Spoiler Discussions Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Saw it. Liked it. Will probably go see it again. After all, it ain't a documentary...

As to "the scene" of Disney pushing the LGBTLMNOP envelope to be woke and all-inclusive...totally unnecessary. Did it just to shove it back in "our" faces. JSMH. Walt is probably rolling over in his grave.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 6897 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went it see it with my wife. She wanted to go. I could have waited for streaming. After watching it, my one question is: (sorry if previously mentioned)

How is it that the rebels can run around on the outside of a star destroyer for like 30 minutes with no visible breathing assistance? These are not Jedis who can fly like Superman in space. What exactly are they supposed to be breathing? Also - does a star destroyer have its own gravity? What keeps them on the ship when they are running around and jumping? This whole scene is so absurd it turned the entire movie into a ridiculous farce.

+

Posts: 2569 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
I went it see it with my wife. She wanted to go. I could have waited for streaming. After watching it, my one question is: (sorry if previously mentioned)

How is it that the rebels can run around on the outside of a star destroyer for like 30 minutes with no visible breathing assistance? These are not Jedis who can fly like Superman in space. What exactly are they supposed to be breathing? Also - does a star destroyer have its own gravity? What keeps them on the ship when they are running around and jumping? This whole scene is so absurd it turned the entire movie into a ridiculous farce.

+

The ships were still in atmosphere. They hadn't left the planet yet

- "This town reminds me of something in the bible."
- "Which part?"
- "The part right before god gets angry"

Posts: 9329 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
They weren't in space. Hovering above a planet in some clouds or something.

"Whatever you spend your time on, it's all you have". -- Faramarz

Posts: 9260 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Language alert. Worth watching though, if you like confirmation of either your fears or opinion that Rise of Skywalker sucks.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 8253 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The more I think about all 3 new Star Wars movies, the more I think they are hot garbage.

With the exception of Rogue One and The Mandalorian (which did well because surprise, surprise they used their OWN story lines), Disney has RUINED the Star Wars legacy for me. Frown

Posts: 26036 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
This is also worth watching:

LANGUAGE ALERT. WONDERFULLY APPROPRIATE LANGUAGE.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 8253 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's looking like Rise Of Skywalker is a flop by Star Wars standards and only by releasing it at Christmas Disney saved it from being a real flop by any standard:

Christmas Saved ‘Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker’ From Box Office Disaster

I'm also starting to see articles explaining that it wasn't received well because it really should have been a two-part finale like how The Hunger Games was handled. I'm sorry, then we'd just have TWO drawn-out movies full of hot garbage. Roll Eyes

Posts: 26036 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I cant speak to all the plot holes, and I am not a Star Wars nerd.

I liked it. I appreciate that they paid homage to not only the legacy of the original movies but some of the books that are 'canon not canon' as well.

Clones easily explains where the 'crews' of the new ships. I told my daughter walking out that I thought it would be funny to have a scene where every ship has the exact same crew and captain Smile

Where did the materials from the ships came from? who knows. Tarkin figured out the Death Star by tracking all the shipments (iirc) but dang, Palpatine had a bunch of ships to build. It could have been a 15 second scene where he explains how he built them.

the novels have a thing where darth maul didnt really die (iirc Smile so maybe Palpatine could come back.

But I appreciate that they Rey confronted Luke and he admits he was 'wrong'. It felt like Disney was saying ep. 8 was wrong and they were 'sorry, not sorry' Smile

I liked it.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 2612 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I avoided this thread til today, as I just got back from seeing it.

I want my money back.

It sucked, just not as much as the last one, and that isn't a compliment, just that The Last Jedi was SOOO shitty it would be impossible to replicate.

I'll rant about it later, but Hound Dog has a lot of the same thoughts as I do in his rant.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 32652 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post