SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix Mini-series: The Serpent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix Mini-series: The Serpent Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
I just finished bingewatching the docudrama from Netflix: The Serpent and though it's frustrating to watch, highly recommend it. This story is about a serial poisoner/murderer who targets young "hippies" trekking their way through Thailand and other nearby nations for their money, jewelry, passports (to assume their identities) and because he (as a sociopath) enjoys exerting power over his victims. A Dutch lower level diplomat in Bangkok that takes his official responsibilities all too seriously is assigned by less interested members of the diplomatic staff to look into the case of a missing couple of vacationers from his country. When he discovers they've been murdered and were mistaken to be another missing couple from Australia (also murdered), he finds common threads linking their deaths to far too many others.

It's a well acted, directed, and written story based upon real characters, that will engage and anger you when it becomes obvious how corruption and outright disinterest allowed the offenders to kill for so long with impunity. The central character is clearly a sociopath, well deserving of capital punishment, but no spoilers from me.... Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds quite interesting. I’ll check this out once the weather gets too hot to do much outside. Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 3906 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Also thought it was very good. Makes you think about how many poor souls just disappear mostly because no one cares.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Thanks. We were looking for a new series to watch.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished the series and really enjoyed it. The lead actor who played Charles/ Alain did a great job, as well as the supporting cast. I recommend watching this soon, as supposedly it’s on for a limited time.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
We finished it last night. Very well done. Highly recommended.

I have to say this is one of the few times that I was really bothered watching what the bad guy was doing to these people.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yeah, surprise ending.

Impossible girl is smokin hot.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post