Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seraphim Falls Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
This "modern" (as in production values) Western is making an appearance on cable. Liam Neeson and Pierce Brosnan are the protagonist/antagonist.

I never cared for Brosnan as James Bond, but here he puts in a steller performance. Neeson as the dogged pursuer is also in fine form.

If you get HDNet on your cable service, it's probably running in rotation.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just happened to stumble across this movie not too long ago and was pleasantly surprised by it, so much so that I have watched it again two more times after my initial viewing. The reference to Brosnan's character as leading the Union charge across Burnside's Bridge at Antietam by the two former Rebel soldiers who wisely choose to steer clear of him made a connection for me.

Years ago we visited Antietam National Battlefield and I had an eerie feeling walking on the ground where more American blood was spilled in a single day than any other day in our nation's history.

Back to the movie, the dream sequence with Angelica Huston as Satan in the middle of desert wasteland was a bit odd, but it grew on me as I watched it the second time. Bronson & Neeson both carried their characters very well in this under appreciated Western.

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was pretty good.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The film has an odd tone and I can't watch it all the way through.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post