SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Far Side Returning
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Far Side Returning Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Wait no longer. The Far Side is back.

The Far Side Is Back

Oh frabjous day! Callouh! Callay!
He chortled in his joy.

No, that appears to be "Selections of classic The Far Side comics, updated daily."

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
You are correct. The Gary Larson waking up in Kansas sequence was so perfect I didn’t look at the 1995 trademark! Big Grin

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Wait no longer. The Far Side is back.

The Far Side Is Back

Oh frabjous day! Callouh! Callay!
He chortled in his joy.

No, that appears to be "Selections of classic The Far Side comics, updated daily."

I thought that was new, too. Big Grin Looks like there’s going to be some new content starting in 2020.

“And finally, beginning in 2020, and commemorating the fortieth anniversary of The Far Side, we will periodically unveil new work by the man himself! In truth, we really have no idea what might show up. But, on the other hand, what’s changed?”

Link

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
HEY! No false alarms!!!

The 1995 copyright in the corner of that one was a hint. Of course, they're still stinking' funny!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
I know there was interest in the "New Stuff" well it was released now.

https://www.thefarside.com/new-stuff/

Also interesting to read that he is using a Tablet for the panels and the new color and artwork does come across a something different.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
As a father of three boys, my favorite Larson cartoon shows three teenage cowboys riding horses and one of them hits a tree head-on with the horse's head accordioned into the tree. One of the other two says, "What are you going to tell your dad?"

Though I don't think I ever actually saw that one, I can still easily picture it. I told my wife and we shared a really big, good laugh. Thanks for posting, we needed that.

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
As a father of three boys, my favorite Larson cartoon shows three teenage cowboys riding horses and one of them hits a tree head-on with the horse's head accordioned into the tree. One of the other two says, "What are you going to tell your dad?"

Though I don't think I ever actually saw that one, I can still easily picture it. I told my wife and we shared a really big, good laugh. Thanks for posting, we needed that.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:
I know there was interest in the "New Stuff" well it was released now.

https://www.thefarside.com/new-stuff/

Also interesting to read that he is using a Tablet for the panels and the new color and artwork does come across a something different.

Hate to say it, but the new stuff doesn't quite do it for me.

OTOH, I'm enjoying the crap out of the walk down memory lane via the Daily Dose!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
My favorite took place in an apartment building. A huge monster was ripping people apart in one apartment while an elderly woman was banging on the ceiling with a broom in the apartment below.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post