SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A man's got to know his limitations.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A man's got to know his limitations. Login/Join 
posted
"Magnum Force" on Sundance at 3:30 today (Sunday 10/15) followed by some serious c. 1980's shoot-em-up/wipe-em-out classics. "Escape from New York", "Predator" and "First Blood." Catching the end of "Dirty Harry" right now.
I didn't need an excuse today to not watch the most recent embarrassment to the United States (nfl) but there's some SERIOUS couch-time in my immediate future.
I especially like the pool-scene in "Magnum Force" when one of the vigilantes lights up a raucous pool party in the Hills with a satchel charge and an M76 sub machine gun. Solid gratuitous violence right there.

Possible link if I didn't muck it up...

https://youtu.be/KfMM0ElvmxM

IH8NY

Pre-existing/non-conforming

Posts: 393 | Location: LI, NY | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoever "cast" the firearms for it had style too (IMHO), it included some of my favorites - 4" bbl Pythons and Ithaca scatter-guns.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Magnum_Force

That site is a rabbit hole to end all rabbit holes, great way to lose an hour or two trying to see how good your memory is.

IH8NY

Pre-existing/non-conforming

Posts: 393 | Location: LI, NY | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Nag,nag,nag". Clint always had some funny sayings and expressions in his Dirty Harry films.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I've been a Dirty Harry fan since a young age. My Dad let me stay up with him and watch it when the local stations used to run a 10:30pm movie after the news. I was maybe eleven or twelve and it was the somewhat "sanitized" TV version of the film, but I was hooked.

Whenever "Dirty Harry," "Magnum Force," or "The Enforcer" were shown on TV, I'd grab a cassette recorder and capture all the action I could. I can still recite big blocks of dialogue haha...good times. Got to see "Sudden Impact" at the theatre in my teens when it came out.

One of my favorite "Magnum Force" observations is the championship gum-chewing that takes place among the various characters. Check it out...the driver of Ricca's car when he snarls "That's right, Simple Simon, go ahead and check, see if it's stolen," during the traffic stop to Harry asking his partner about having lunch out at the airport, gum is being chewed with pronounced vigor. Hilarious, if you dig the mundane stuff like that. Smile

I have always wondered about one of the earliest scenes in the film showing one of the patrolmen preparing to leave (to kill Ricca & Co.) - it appears that his gunbelt is integral with or attached to the bottom edge of his leather uniform jacket - was this a common arrangement for motorcycle officers in that era?

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I liked that custom suppressor that fit on a Colt Python without any changes to the gun. It just twisted on right over the front sight. Big Grin

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post