Notify
Tools

Dear TCM Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Will you please stop hawking fucking wine? Roll Eyes

My God. It's bad enough that I have to tolerate TYT's Ben Mankiewicz and his smirking, unfunny shit, and know-nothing child Chiquita Ramirez or whatever the Hell her name is, trying to tell me about movies I had seen a dozen times before she was even born.

You've been hawking wine for, what, three years now? What seems to be the problem? Having problems making ends meet at TCM? Goddamn, just air the films. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Remember when one of the big selling points for cable was no commercials? Mad

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
And those siblings who wrote a book and hawk the wine with Eddie Muller. I like Eddie M, only bright spot on TCM. But that female sibling is a spaz.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree it is very annoying. So far we are spared catheter commercials, and end of life solicitations. It also seems cheesy, although Orson Wells might approve.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
But that female sibling is a spaz.
I couldn't tell ya. I've never heard her voice. These days, in between films, I have TCM muted. I can just imagine the conversation, though:

This one has a picture of Frankenstein's monster on the label, so it must be good! Cool! (drinks wine). Mmmm, taste like grapes.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recall a segment where they were at Francis Ford Coppola's vineyard.
I think he is doing ok without my wine money.
No sale.
Osborne, you are missed!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have so many saved with Robert's intros, it is like Mr. Osborne never passed. As I watch & listen to him, I realize what a treasure he will always be.

A true gift.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post