SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What are you doing instead of watching/reading the news while we wait in agony?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you doing instead of watching/reading the news while we wait in agony? Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I haven't had much time or energy for current events in the last few months.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
For me knowing God is still on his throne and the fact he NEVER changes gives me great peace. He is King and ruler of all and no one person or any political party can touch Him. In the end it all comes out great . IF you're a member of his family. So anyhow I'm reading my Bible more.

That's awesome.

I am not proud to admit I was disappointed and disheartened on Nov 3/4, but I've since determined to let this unfold and trust in God, regardless of the outcome.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21846 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Learning how to tie fishing knots. Right now it's the simplified FG knot to attach 30lb fluorocarbon leader to my 15lb braid main line. It's more of a Chinese finger puzzle than a knot.

Posts: 10942 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been spending more time listening to music and playing acoustic guitar. After retiring and getting new hearing aids that restored the highs and lows, I have a renewed interest in music.

I’ve tried my hand at songwriting too. Kinda fun. A friend talked me in to joining him and others in a weekly picking circle at a old local dive bar.

It closed for a while for covid, but it is open again on a limited basis. The picking circle moved outside in the back to the picnic tables where we can social distance. Not as many players now as before the plague.

Anybody is welcome to join in and players at all levels show up. It’s a chance to get out of the house once a week. I also appreciate the fact that at 72 I’m not the oldest person there.

The area around Wimberley, Texas has a rich musical mix. I occasionally see musicians around town and in the grocery store.

Many of the bars in the areas host weekly pickers nights.

Only negative is that over the past couple of years I’ve had 4 hand surgeries for trigger fingers. Surgeon says prob caused by increased guitar work. That’s OK. Well worth it. Small price to pay.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Ditto.

God wins in the end but I am still praying for Trump to pull this out of the fire for another four years, for the right reasons (not because of pride or for payback...).

Also lots of chorin, clean up around the house, study for my HAM radio test, work on my daughter's 2004 Acura TL (my new project car).

quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
For me knowing God is still on his throne and the fact he NEVER changes gives me great peace. He is King and ruler of all and no one person or any political party can touch Him. In the end it all comes out great . IF you're a member of his family. So anyhow I'm reading my Bible more.

That's awesome.

I am not proud to admit I was disappointed and disheartened on Nov 3/4, but I've since determined to let this unfold and trust in God, regardless of the outcome.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The by-product of not watching the news is that I don't have to double up on my BP meds.
That leaves more time to get stuff done around the house.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Playing video games. Hell with it. I’m not doing news or media or anything until this whole evil, shitty mess reaches some sort of conclusion.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I've always been a pessimist. It turns out that I just wasn't enough of a pessimist. My state (Virginia) and my city (Richmond) have turned into leftist shitholes. I saw this coming a few years ago but didn't expect it to be this rapid. The USA is on their heels. Rome in 476CE anyone? Frown

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post