SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Downton Abby, The Movie.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Downton Abby, The Movie. Login/Join 
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Hey everybody make sure you remember that MR. BARROW IS GAY!!!

Other than that unnecessary tangent it was pretty good. I do wish Lady Rose (Lily James) had been able to make an appearance. My wife watches the show and I've watched enough to know the plot outline but not all of the details.

"The frost on the ground probably envies the frost on the trees."

Posts: 8790 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed that film more than I thought I would. The tone was a little light and airy, but Julian Fellowes knows that world so well. I loved that the main storyline is that the staff is miffed that the royal servants are shoving them aside, and one of the many smaller b-stories is "Oh, by the way, someone's plotting to assassinate the king." Any other film would have that as its dominating a-story!

I liked that Mr. Moseley had some presence - he's one of my favorite characters. I really dislike that self-righteous Bates so I was quite happy they gave him NOTHING to do in the movie! I also appreciated seeing Lady Edith's cleavage. She cleans up well. I always preferred her over Mary (and Sybil).

Posts: 5191 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bonnie wanted to go , so , I went with her .
I don't watch the tv show, s o o o o o .

2.5 hours ! Eek

car chases : 0
shot's fired : 0
flagrantly inappropriate sex scenes: 0
foul language : 0
explosions: 0
politics level : 2.3
cool vehicles : 5

I yawned about 7 times,
fell asleep for 20 minutes
no laughs , no giggles, no chortles, no titters.

would it have killed them to include John Cleese or Michael Palin ?

exterior shots were pretty ,
If this was the worst movie that I will see this year , I did well.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 48496 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post