SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ghost Recon: Wildlands
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghost Recon: Wildlands Login/Join 
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted
I am absolutely enjoying this game for everything that it is worth. I've played about 30 hours so far with my son and my buddy in my squad. Fun as can be!!!

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
How open is it? I've seen some videos on Facebook, looks like GTA meets Call of Duty. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headcase
posted Hide Post
I would consider it Far Cry meets The Divison, Call of Duty is always about PvP for me....that doesn't exist in GR:W yet.

SSDD

---------------------------------
He was constantly reminded of how startlingly different a place the world was when viewed from a point only three feet to the left.

Posts: 68 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: March 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Been playing with a couple friends and enjoying it very much. It's definitely got a bit of GTA to it.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I just watched a trailer on You Tube. Looks like a hoot to play.

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pantera1994
posted Hide Post
As headcase already stated this game extremely similar to Far Cry. In fact I would call it a militarized version of Far Cry. On a side note I managed to drop a Llama at 862 meters last week. Big Grin

Posts: 1306 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Far Cry more militarized with co-op? Sounds great.

Can you do it with just two people or do you need all 4?

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pantera1994
posted Hide Post
Yes you can play co-op with 2 players.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Bought and am currently downloading the PC version of the game. I haven't played any Ubisoft games so the controls and gameplay will be entirely new to me. I'm watching a playthrough of the beginning of the game while waiting for my dl to finish, though. This is a huge game--44GBs.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pantera1994:

Four players can play on the same team on the PS4. I've been enjoying it.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Thamks for the info.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, more of a Far Cry than Call of Duty or Battlefield. It's a good game, tons of stuff to do at your own pace and of course, it's even more fun with a few friends in your squad. There are a few glitches in it, I've been stuck between rocks countless times along with falling through the map. Having to hit A to jump over every single boulder/rock you come across is rather annoying too. SAM's suck and the Unidad can be relentless as well.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Friend and I were raiding a Unidad FOB yesterday to steal a truck of medical supplies for the rebels. Ended up with 4 gunships chasing us in that piece of shit truck. Made it back to the rebel base with 56% Big Grin

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headcase
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
... I've been stuck between rocks countless times along with falling through the map....

Perhaps you figured this out, but the easiest way to get out of that issue (as long as you aren't in combat) is to fast travel to somewhere. Kinda a pain, but better than killing the app.

SSDD

He was constantly reminded of how startlingly different a place the world was when viewed from a point only three feet to the left.

Posts: 68 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: March 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the Far Cry series, so the comparison is appreciated.
Is it in first person like Far Cry or 3rd like Witcher 3?

Playing 3rd person on a PC is not fun for me.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by headcase:
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
... I've been stuck between rocks countless times along with falling through the map....

Perhaps you figured this out, but the easiest way to get out of that issue (as long as you aren't in combat) is to fast travel to somewhere. Kinda a pain, but better than killing the app.

SSDD

Yep, but generally it never fails as I'm in combat or working my way around a base to gain access.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headcase
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Replacement Tommel:
quote:
Originally posted by pantera1994:

Four players can play on the same team on the PS4. I've been enjoying it.

-Tom

I just realized, we are about the same level, but you have alot more fun toys unlocked.....I still have the M40A5 w/ACOG....ugh.

SSDD

The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by headcase:
I just realized, we are about the same level, but you have alot more fun toys unlocked.....I still have the M40A5 w/ACOG....ugh.

SSDD

Not working for two days because of the snow has given me plenty of time to hunt down the weapons... lol

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Where is everyone at on this game?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Don't have this one yet.

Can I camp out in inconspicuous places, stab you as you run by, then hide nearby and stab you again when you come to seek vengeance? If so, I'm in!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post