Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Login/Join 
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
The last 2 years I have paid for HBOnow when the season is on and cancel after the last episode. My wife and I have been talking about watching all the episodes from the beginning a second time. There is a lot going on with this show.....One of my favorites of all time. My wife has the books, may check those out also.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I have to say, I will find it difficult to read any of the upcoming novels once this season ends. I read Book 1 before Season 1 debuted and continued to read the novels through to the beginning of Season 3. But knowing how it quickly diverged/pared the story from the novels starting in Season 4, along with knowing the outcome of everything will seriously dampen any enjoyment I'll get from the novels, if I were to read them.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
The last 2 years I have paid for HBOnow when the season is on and cancel after the last episode.

I've done that for the past several years too.

The only downside is that on GOT episode premier nights, the HBO Now website tends to bog down significantly from all the extra traffic. I end up having to wait a day or two to watch the new episode, so I can do it smoothly.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's funny is when you see actors and actresses from this series in other roles. I was watching the most recent Predator movie and was thinking "How did Theon Greyjoy get here?"

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I can’t stand fantasy type movies or books. Didn’t really like Lord of the Rings, which made me hold off so long. Game of Thrones is not like that at all.

It’s so richly created in regards to scenery, dialogue, and intrigue, but most important, character development. It really doesn’t compare of anything else that I know of.

I just stopped myself from posting some “best of” videos, but you would be doing yourself a huge disservice by getting spoiled in this manor.

Watch a few episodes, starting from the beginning....unless you want us to keep telling you how awesome it is.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
What's funny is when you see actors and actresses from this series in other roles. I was watching the most recent Predator movie and was thinking "How did Theon Greyjoy get here?"

Wasn’t he in John Wick as well?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:

Wasn’t he in John Wick as well?

Yes in the first one movie.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Good books. Good series.

Give it a few episodes. If you don’t enjoy it, stop.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It's my favorite series ever but given your dislikes i would advise you to pass on this. There is a lot of fantasy and what not.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Great fun to watch, though be prepared that it is a little rape-y and murder-y. Which is to say it is HUGELY rape-y and murder-y. But mostly that is part of the narrative and works with the story

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Think, War of the Roses, with dragons, and without the sugary cloud of history overlaying the actual stench and steel of reality....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hahaha.

We watched The Avenger - Infinity Wars (or something like that) and my wife noted rather loudly "hey, that's Tyrion, the Dink!"

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=idVozGXbn2Y

No spoilers in the above

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
^ Such an annoying video. I'm not clicking that.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I binged watched all seven seasons in three weeks last summer. The first two season were slow except for that ONE episode that always had something unexpected and unforeseen.

Lots of gratuitous nudity as well in the early seasons, but that tapered off as the characters developed and it dove deeper into the story line.

It's left me wanting for a series to watch and I haven't found anything that's on its level. I did start watching Narcos and just finished the first season.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I have not watched it either. I saw the very first episode and the kid that gets thrown off the castle at the end was about the age of my youngest at the time. That just hit me wrong. I don't know why.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
i have watch the whole seven season at least 5 times, whenever i run out of what to watch....i go back to GOT. there's so much going on and the more i take a closer look the more i understand and appreciate the series.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I have not watched it either. I saw the very first episode and the kid that gets thrown off the castle at the end was about the age of my youngest at the time. That just hit me wrong. I don't know why.

FWIW: Bran is still a major character after 7 seasons

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:

He's the White Walker King Wink

Or so that's the theory.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:

Brandon Stark is the Only living Son Ned Stark and heir of the north, a warg and the Only one who truly knows the roots of Jon snow his supposed Half brother.

if you felt bad that Brand got push from the building down, almost killed at sick bed, you'll be heart broken to see Kal drogo's death and the Red wedding, Buckle up. Lols

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post