SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your favorite Movies and Shows with zero-to-minimal action/explosions/loud noises/loud music
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite Movies and Shows with zero-to-minimal action/explosions/loud noises/loud music Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
2018:

Puzzle
Loveless
Happy End
Leave No Trace
Unsane

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Glengary Glen Ross

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Lion in Winter
The World's Fastest Indian

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Favorite movies and shows with zero-to-minimal action/explosions/loud noises and music.

Citizen Kane
12 Angry Men
The Maltese Falcon
His Girl Friday
The Sting

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Her
Lost in Translation
Garden State

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Garden State

Love that movie. But then, I love Natalie, so it's kind of a given.

If you're looking at romancey sappy chick flick type stuff, The Choice was good (I thought).

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
The Shawshank Redemption

Stand by me

A few Good Men

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Second hand lions

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As others have said, this list could get huge. I'll pick a few of my favorites from different genres and try to not duplicate.

Baseball:
Bull Durham
For Love of the Game
Mr. 3000

Drama:
Casablanca
A River Runs Through It
Legends of the Fall (may push the boundaries of the criteria)

Suspense:
Rising Sun

Comedy:
Animal House
Blues Brothers
Ghost Busters (original)
Semi-Tough

Horror:
The Grudge
The Changeling (1980)

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
The Bear
Dave

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
In addition to those already listed, how about "Heaven Can Wait".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
For TV, Elementary.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
How about Casablanca

I also like Mary Poppins - the original, not the remake

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any of the old WC Fields or Stan & Ollie.
Love the dance scene from Way Out West.

[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/jwLlo9lFjQw [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Couple more...

Field of Dreams
Defending Your Life

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16354 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

I can't believe I forgot to mention that one.

It's my #1 favorite film.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like quiet movies as well.

The Day of the Jackal (1973). Fantastic movie. Holds up well over time. It's a very quiet film but you'll be on the edge of your seat the whole time.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Barry Lyndon
American Beauty
Legends of the Fall
A River Runs Through It
The Dreamers
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Dead Poet Society
The Fugitive
Shawshank Redemption
LA Confidential
Sideways
Rushmore
Fargo

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I forgot about Sideways. I've been enjoying Killing Eve, but all through it I thought just give Sandra a motorcycle helmet and that assassin is toast.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post