SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Endgame thread with spoilers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Endgame thread with spoilers Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
Let's talk about it here.

Overall, enjoyable I thought. There were a couple zingers early on that because we were on the back wall we couldn't make out the lines, so I'll enjoy watching it once more.

Thought the "girl-power" moment was unnecessary, but overall very well done.

Swipes at other time movies, especially Back to the Future, then including Hot Tub Time Machine ... priceless.

Oh, and I wouldn't want Ant-man's autograph either.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I thought the girl power scene was dumb, too. Of course, that’s mostly because Captain Marvel is more powerful than the others combined, save perhaps Scarlet Witch. She didn’t need their help.

My big gripe is about Thor taking Mjolnir from Asgard. First off, why didn’t Heimdall notice him? The dude sees everything. And second, Thor’s mother knows he’s from the future but doesn’t protest him taking the hammer.

If anyone is confused about the identity of the mysterious kid at the funeral, it’s the boy Stark befriended in the third Iron Man movie. Same actor but he grew a lot since the movie came out.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
With the whole series hinging on choices it seems unlikely to me that Gamora died in the finger snap. Nebula opened up her mind to the possibility of a different future, other than blindly obeying Thanos. I think it's more likely that this broke her link to the fate of Thanos' minions, and that, confused about what she should feel for Quill, who clearly cares for her but she doesn't even know, that she's escaped the scene to sort things out.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Cap returned Mjolnir at the end with the rest of the stones so I assume that fixed that alternate reality.

I’m guessing Strange knew Stark was going to sacrifice himself in his (Infinity War) look ahead.

Gamora’s alive. Quill is seen searching for her on the ship when Thor boards.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More than happy with the movie and how it brought everything together.

As far as the girl power scene, I think that was also a nod to Black Widow no longer being around. It’s almost identical to the scene in infinity war when Black Widow and Okoye come to the aid of Wanda/ Scarlet Which.

Glad we got to see Cap wielding Mjolnir, there were to many little moments to tie back into all of the other movies and I’m sure I missed a few.

I think my biggest question is Loki, he broke the Tesseract timeline in 2012 so he is more than likely going to show back up.

Going to give it a few days and then catch a matinee after work for a 2nd viewing.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Oh, what was the conversation like between Cap and Red Skull upon returning the Soul stone?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
How did he even get there when he didn't have a space ship?

While that could be an epic conversation it isn't even clear the soul stone was precisely where Red Skull was ... who no one told him was the presence there.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Maybe the total could be something about the entire Marvel cinematic universe with spoilers. I have more questions about past movies from the latest movie.

I have not watched Capt Marvel. I thought she was supposed to be the most powerful of all but in the latest movie she was a bit of a dud.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
How did he even get there when he didn't have a space ship?

Quantum Realm transport dropped a team off at Morag where they unminiaturized a ship that Nat and Clint took to Vormir. So maybe Cap had a miniature ship with him when he went to return the stones or just used QRT to get to Vormir.

Don't forget, QRT also dropped Thor and Rocket off on Asgard, no ship needed.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I have not watched Capt Marvel. I thought she was supposed to be the most powerful of all but in the latest movie she was a bit of a dud.

Ehh... The only two characters who nearly beat him 1v1 were her and Scarlet Witch. Both times he had to pull a maneuver to get out of it.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
They make a big deal about saying how they have to make sure they don't create any alternate timelines but then isn't that what they did? Most specifically with Captain America staying back in time and marrying Agent Carter?

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Thor and the Dude, separated at birth?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
They make a big deal about saying how they have to make sure they don't create any alternate timelines but then isn't that what they did? Most specifically with Captain America staying back in time and marrying Agent Carter?

I thought so too at first but I watched the Winter Soldier scene with Cap and Old Peggy; Peggy tells him she had a wonderful full life and married a good man......there were no photos of her husband and we never saw him. At in two scenes from Ultron:

1. Cap and Tony talking at Hawkeye's house about family.
2. Cap and Tony talking again about family at the end.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
yeah, I saw a review that really went postal about the Cap 'sitting' out everything so he could have happiness with Carter.

First, Cap still did everything because it was his past. His new future was with Carter. I liked it and thought it was elegantly done.

When Spidey came back I was fist pumping and cheering in the theater (with everyone else). but how is he still in high school with his friends if five years has gone by?

Gamora was pulled forward in time so her 'sacrifice' by Thanos never happened? This is the one that got me scratching my head, because I didnt see where she was 'put back' like the stones and hammer.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After the stones were returned and Cap lives out his life, he should have coexisted for a time with the Captain America who was rescued from the ice and should have knowledge about the future. So, why didn’t his older self warn everyone about Thanos long before he got any of the stones?
In the last movie Thor nearly kills Thanos with stormbreaker, only the stones prevent Thanos from dying. But in this movie, during the final battle, stormbreaker barely scratches Thanos who has no stones.
Why doesn’t Dr. Strange separate Thanos from his body like the sorcerer supreme did to the Hulk? Then they could dispose of his body or take the gauntlet if he already had it. Or, better yet, why wouldn’t Strange just immediately teleport Thanos into the heart of the sun and be done with him right then and there? If, for some reason he couldn’t do that, surely he could teleport the gauntlet away from Thanos instead of just hoping that someone could just run away with it in the final battle.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The issue wasn't creating alt timelines, the issue was creating them without infinity stones. The Ancient One understood her future was not Banner's and told him taking the stone would doom her timeline to suffering and death.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:

The issue wasn't creating alt timelines, the issue was creating them without infinity stones. The Ancient One understood her future was not Banner's and told him taking the stone would doom her timeline to suffering and death.

Guessing there are about 14 million timelines going one at once per Dr. Strange?

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Maybe future Cap living with Carter did not interfere with anything because he knows what’s coming and how it ends.

Parker’s friend was probably snapped and when he was brought back he didn’t age so he would be back in school with Parker. I’m sure half the students he was with grew up and the half that was snapped are back in school.

Not minority enough!

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Maybe future Cap living with Carter did not interfere with anything because he knows what’s coming and how it ends.

Parker’s friend was probably snapped and when he was brought back he didn’t age so he would be back in school with Parker. I’m sure half the students he was with grew up and the half that was snapped are back in school.

I had not thought about it that way. Yes, at least half of the 'kids' would be picking up right where they left off.

I dont know why I loved this new version of Spidey so much. I didnt see it in the theater or anything. My daughters made me watch them on BluRay and then when Infinity War happened I realized it was the kid that I had emotional attachment too.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the movie, but had a few issues that bugged me.

Half the people in the world are gone, but that didn't slow Audi down at all with product development? Hmm.

When all the people come back, Hawkeye's wife calls him immediately. So five years after she turns to dust, her phone is right where she left it and the service hasn't been cancelled.

The world population suddenly doubles five years after it was suddenly cut in half. I predict mass starvation and suffering for everyone.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post