Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Death of Stalin Login/Join 
posted
Just watched this on Apple TV. Truly a dark, funny, satire. The cast was great, and the dialogue seemed to be work all the way through.

A very positive recommendation......

William Gullette

Posts: 998 | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I was going to see it but was too lazy... maybe on DVD.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 4589 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to see it but a friend said it was the worst movie he'd ever seen.

Posts: 1352 | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
The trailer made it look semi-slapstick and hilarious. Alas, it was neither.

Posts: 1461 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it in the theater. Very funny and very dark. My girlfriend even liked it and would see it again.

Vince

Posts: 282 | Registered: July 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
How can you run and plot at the same time?

Posts: 8995 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had read that most of the movie was based on actual events such as:

1. His guards KNEW he was dying but were terrified to respond in time
2. He lacked good docs because he'd had most of the decent ones killed or sent to the gulag
3. His son was a real fuckup and he managed to keep him out of trouble (mostly) by appointing him a General in the Soviet Air Force

Posts: 23593 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I had a great time - thought it was an enjoyable film.

It was dark, yes, but the period it covers was extremely dark. I think knowing a bit about that period in history the ironies and humor were very obvious to me, but most of the folks in the theater were laughing when I did, so the humor wasn't super-obscure.

Posts: 12147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post