New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ripper Street Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
I'm two or three seasons into Ripper Street, a British crime series, set in the late 1800s.

Good stuff, if you're looking for something to keep your attention.

I've always had an interest in early police work. I came upon this one after watching The Frankenstein Chronicles. That one requires one to suspend their belief a bit, but is also interesting.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
You might take a look at the series Copper also...it is set in the 1860s in NY

It only ran a couple of seasons, but there was talking about transitioning to a movie

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
I just finished the 5th season a few weeks ago. I thought the first 3-4 seasons were good to excellent. I had to force myself to get through the beginning of the 5th season. I thought the early part of the season dragged on. However, be your own judge.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post