SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    World of Tanks: War Stories (Xbox)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World of Tanks: War Stories (Xbox) Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
I know WoT is a PC game. But I have not played games on a PC in a long time. Really since I stopped play America's Army back in 2007. A few years ago my colleagues talked me into the 360 and Call of Duty. that has evolved into the Xbox One. So when I do games I do them on an Xbox.

Does anyone else play War Stories on the Xbox? I am having a lot of fun doing it and frankly that is the point. I bought some gold and got a medium tank and then blew the rest upgrading stuff. I have settled into two lines, one that is the tank line I am building and the one that I bought and its experience feeds into the build line. I tried several types of tanks and have settled on the M4 Sherman as my go to for now. (FWIW, didn't like being artillery, sniper, or a heavy. medium is for me.)

My point in writing this, is that creating a platoon and playing with my friends between 2-5 of us, is a lot of fun. I am 2/3rds of the way to upgrading to the top of the M4 Sherman line and it has been very satisfying.

WoT just released the "Fury" variant. It is exactly like the tank from the Movie. I am thinking about dropping 4,100 gold on it. real money (something like $20). I get that it is a free game and this is how they make money. But do any of you buy tanks?

Anyway, I am late to the WofT scene, and I am having a lot of fun. I hope you guys do as well.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I play on the phone app. mostly on the throne. My favorites are the German D.W.2 and the French R35, the British Matilda can be fun. Haven't spent any money on it.

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Please explain what is War Stories?
Have the XBO and play regularly on PC but have barely tried the xbox version, my ping is awful.

Too poor and to cheap to spend in gold.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I guess it is the variant for the XBOX. they are these mini missions that you or you and a friend can go on. You can also do them at different levels with different tanks. The main draw though is the multiplayer and getting to form a platoon. That is what we do mainly.

quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Please explain what is War Stories?
Have the XBO and play regularly on PC but have barely tried the xbox version, my ping is awful.

Too poor and to cheap to spend in gold.

0-0

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this for the 360 or just the One?

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I believe there's no difference between the boxes , they're the same and only game for the both of them.
Had it installed in my XBO and 360 and my garage was exactly the same.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post