SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Just made an amazing discovery....I've never seen the original Dirty Harry
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just made an amazing discovery....I've never seen the original Dirty Harry Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
I know, right???

I'm sick at home, flipping through Netflix offerings and I say to myself "I'll watch Dirty Harry again".

About 15 minutes in, I realize that I have in fact NOT watched this before! LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I sympathize... senior moments start like this. Then the frequency increases! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16215 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
been there done that,

probably saw it over a dozen times on TV when I was younger,

first time I saw it on cable it was like a different movie

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Hey Jaffee uh, is that tan Ford still parked across in the front of the bank?

Tan Ford. Mm hmm, yeah tan Ford.

Engine running?

I don't know. How can you tell?

Exhaust fumes coming out of the tailpipe.

Uh that's awful. Look at that pollution.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I've seen all the Dirty Harry movies at one time or another. Some more than once.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
With all this excitement, I kinda lost track myself.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
It seems Scorpio has some decent shooting talent. Maybe he was ex-military? He takes out Diana Davidson from the roof of 555 California (formerly the Bank of America Building) with a Japanese Arisaka Type 2 rifle chambered in .30-06. That's about a 400 yard shot. 555 California is 779' tall. The rooftop pool of the Hilton in Chinatown is about 360'. That's pretty good for a simple concessions vendor at Kezar Stadium, no?

Scorpio also owned an MP-40 SMG. Maybe he got his weapons during his military adventures?

By the way, it's crazy now to watch that opening scene with Clint Eastwood walking around the roof perimeter of 555 California, and it's like the ONLY high rise in San Francisco! Everything around it is so flat! The Transamerica Pyramid wouldn't even be completed until a year after the film was released. It's such a radical difference to the forest of skyscrapers the Financial District is now.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I know what you are thinking punk.........

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Hey Allen! Your post reminded me of this:

A Group of guys, all turning 40, discussed where they should meet for lunch.
Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Longhorn Steakhouse because the waitresses had big breasts and wore mini-skirts.

Ten years later, at age 50, the friends once again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Longhorn Steakhouse because the waitresses were attractive.
The food and service was good and the beer selection was excellent.

Ten years later, at age 60, the friends again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Longhorn Steakhouse because there was plenty of parking, they could dine in peace and quiet with no loud music, and it was good value for money.

Ten years later, at age 70, the friends discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Longhorn Steakhouse because the restaurant was wheelchair accessible and had a toilet for the disabled.

Ten years later, at age 80, the friends discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Longhorn Steakhouse because they had never been there before.

Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16215 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Watched it again on Netflix last weekend for the umpteenth time. Smile

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best part I find watching Dirty Harry, well besides Harry dispensing justice Cool , is seeing all the old sights long gone from San Francisco. I'd nerd-out and would name the neighborhood, the street, the surrounding businesses from every scene.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I watched it last week and was surprised at what a crappy cop he was and how clueless he was about the Bill of Rights.

I'm only partially kidding.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
The best part I find watching Dirty Harry, well besides Harry dispensing justice Cool , is seeing all the old sights long gone from San Francisco. I'd nerd-out and would name the neighborhood, the street, the surrounding businesses from every scene.

Same here. In particular the Fisherman's Wharf area.

The first time I saw Dirty Harry was in 1984. I can tell you exactly who I was with, where it was, where I was sitting, everything. One of those memorable times with friends.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the search of Kezar was lawful. There was "exigent circumstances" regarding the kidnap victim.
Even the shooting of the fleeing Scorpio skirts legality, i.e. Tenn. vs. Garner.
What screwed Harry was the "interrogation" after the shot.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
So....you're the one. We've been looking for you.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I love the Dirty Harry movies, I have watched them since I was a teenager and now have them all on Blu-ray. I never gave a shit about the suspect's rights. Just fuck em up and go on.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
It seems Scorpio has some decent shooting talent. Maybe he was ex-military?

It's been many years since I've seen the original, but if I remember correctly doesn't Scorpio wear shined combat boots with his jeans/trousers bloused? My guess would be he is former military.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6730 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Best part of getting older: you may have seen the movie a dozen times but each viewing is a “new” experience. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If it makes you feel any better I just watched Lawrence of Arabia a few months back for the first time.

I just kept putting it off. Wonderful movie by the way.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Dang. Pretty soon you’ll be hiding your own Easter Eggs. Big Grin

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post