SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix - A Futile and Stupid Gesture
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix - A Futile and Stupid Gesture Login/Join 
posted
I watched this last night and was thoroughly amused, entertained and even a little enlightened.

Not only did they tell a great story but the way they did it was truly unique and engaging.

Worth a watch if you were a fan on National Lampoon

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
I also thought it was very well done in that the tone of the production was in keeping with the theme. The only nit I have is that it was hard to accept the look of some of the actors who play well-known personalities -- like Joel McHale playing Chevy Chase, for example. Will Forte was outstanding, as was Martin Mulls.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M'headSig:
I also thought it was very well done in that the tone of the production was in keeping with the theme. The only nit I have is that it was hard to accept the look of some of the actors who play well-known personalities -- like Joel McHale playing Chevy Chase, for example. Will Forte was outstanding, as was Martin Mulls.

I would agree with that and that is why I liked the way it was done and the fact that Martin kind of called that out early on

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
This was really good! Thanks for the heads up!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Sad too. Such talent they all had. So many literally burns it away with what they put up their noses.

I remember that time, the premier of SNL, the magazine. More innocent time too in some ways.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sad too. Such talent they all had. So many literally burns it away with what they put up their noses

Got that right. So many of that time, musicians, actors, comedians, etc., were heroes to many of us, yet so many died young from the dumbest reasons. Drugs, alcohol. It gets to a point where you have to say that our admiration was misplaced

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Interesting show.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post