SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    First rock band you knew all the member's names
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First rock band you knew all the member's names Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
KISS, for sure. I was 8 when I saw them first and was already a fan well before that.

(I later figured out it was the theatrics ratter than the music, but I was 8, and they had flames and sparks and all that).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill Haley and The Comets. Yeah, I know, don't remind me.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beatles then Monkeys. My sisters could name everybody in the popular bands from the early to mid 60's.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kiss. I was 11yrs old in 1979 and I dressed up as Ace Frehley for Halloween. My mom did not understand that at all.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Obviously, The Beatles were the first- I knew John, Paul, George, and Ringo when I was 5 years old. Other than them, and not counting the Monkees, boy bands The Jackson 5 and The Osmonds. But they hardly count as well. The first real rock band with all recognizable members was Led Zeppelin back when they came out with Houses of the Holy. And also Yes.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Peter, Paul and Mary. Big Grin

After the Beatles.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Unless what's-his-name is the most prolific musician ever, I don't believe I could ever name all the members of a band.

John, Paul, Ringo and what's-his-name
Eddie, Alex, David and what's-his-name
Neal, Geddy and what's-his-name
Bon, Angus, Malcolm and what's-his-name
Robert, Jimmy, John and what's-his-name
Roger, Pete, Keith and what's-his-name
Robin, Rick, Bun E and what's-his-name
Bono, The Edge, Adam and what's-his-name

If we move out of the rock band category:

Big Bank Hank, Wonder Mike, and the M A S, T E R, G with a double E

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Probably the Beatles first.

Then Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. Wink

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm almost 50.
First would be the Beatles, because they were my favourite in elementary school and informed my musical tastes from then on.
Second would probably be Led Zeppelin.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
peter paul and mary
then beatles
monkee's

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mott the Hoople

Posts: 6 | Location: NH | Registered: November 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
KISS
Iron Maiden

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3810 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Connorj:
Mott the Hoople

All the young dudes?

Posts: 7455 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
The Cars

Yes, 1978 when I was 15. Benjamin Orr, Ric Ocasek, Elliot Easton, Greg Hawkes, David Robinson, and that's from memory. Their first and second albums are still my all time favorites.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beatles - my sister and I got a couple of the first US singles.

The Band
Levon Helm
Rick Danko
Richard Manuel
Robbie Robertson
Garth Hudson

Geez, those guys were good!

drendean

Posts: 48 | Location: Bagdad, KY | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Poison....Had the poster in my room.

Bret Michaels
CC Deville
Rickey Rocket
Bobby Dall

Still remember these names...not proud of it though.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
The Beatles.
James, Phillip, Dingo and Greg.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never knew and never cared.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beatles, then Led Zeppelin.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
The Partridge Family.

(But were they even a real band?)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post