SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    NASCAR goes i-racing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NASCAR goes i-racing Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
Fox Sports aired NASCAR stars i-racing yesterday. Actual live competition in a wasteland of Covid19 sports, it was great fun. Stars like Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano, Clint Bowyer, Denny Hamlin, Chase Elliott, Kyle Larson, Bobby Labonte and others driving from simulators around the country.

Watching live, it worked. I see no reason NASCAR and other series can't do more of this. A lot better than 2006 arm wrestling, slippery stairs and Eldritch Woods at 2018 Valspar over and over and over and over....

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlOzoTqsV8k

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I wish Moto GP qould do this.

That looks like a ball.
Nascar should survive the Corona mess....

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They should have a playoff for non NASCAR drivers to run in a qualification series, put 10 NASCAR drivers in the race and 20 individuals that play the game at home.

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
They should have a playoff for non NASCAR drivers to run in a qualification series, put 10 NASCAR drivers in the race and 20 individuals that play the game at home.

Bring back the IROC series!

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
F1 did this as well, but I don't think any current drivers participated.
A few former drivers were present.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Pretty good race at Texas yesterday. All seem to be having a good time, the announcers strike a nice balance between taking it seriously and playing grabass Smile . Clint Bowyer has found his element.

Nice to have some "live" competition, Bristol next week.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched some of the highlights. NASCAR has done the impossible - they made me want to watch a NASCAR race again. That looks fun.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
It wasn't that bad.

It would be neat if they let some of the older paint schemes go on the cars. I wonder if they plan for Darlington.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Just like real life, racing at Bristol yesterday produced some hurt feelings. Bubba Wallace soured early, rage-quit the sim, mocked the concept on Twitter and got dumped by his sponsor Blue Emu. Like or not, these races are drawing a decent viewership and the sponsors appreciate the exposure --

Bubba Wallace loses sponsorship after rage-quitting during NASCAR iRacing event

Also note that Indycar is i-racing, NBCSN is airing the races with Leigh Diffey, Paul Tracy and Townsend Bell calling the action and their enthusiasm is infectious. Racing at Barber Motorsports Park yesterday was fun at a great track. Next stop Michigan which always sucks for Indycar and NASCAR in real life but I'll probably be watching. These races have all been shortened so it's not a full afternoon commitment to watch.

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
They will be shocked when they learn that iNASCAR is more exciting than the real thing, and more dangerous.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since it's NASCAR, I want to know how they are cheating.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter if they are cheating when they get Bubba'd

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post