SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    1-Adam-12, 1-Adam-12...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1-Adam-12, 1-Adam-12... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Graduated from LAPD Police Academy in 78. Issued a 999 Key, a whistle, call box key, 2 uniforms, S/W Model 67 Stainless .38 Revolver, 158 gr roundnose lead +P, two speed loaders of 6 rounds each (total of 18 rounds carried), ballistic vest and a PR-24. Bought a lead SAP, a S/W Model 36 which I carried in a ‘Legster’ ankle holster (still have it). We had no computers in the radio car, carried no Mace or tasers and once you left the car for anything including a car stop, you had no radio on you, ever. It was total Adam 12 even in 78. The Plymouth Fury was pretty bad ass and I miss the mouse can sealed beam Red Lights on the top of the B/W radio cars that would bake the back of your car stops neck when activated. Old school LAPD.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Edit: we also were issued one set of “peerless’ handcuffs and a bought another set since we were always running short of them...

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite shows as a kid, along with color Dragnet. I enjoyed them so much I bought both series on DVD which I rarely do.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post