New
Find
Notify
Tools

IndyCar 2020 Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
OK, tonight they start again. Texas, no spectators.
Pre-race on NBCSN at 7:30, race on NBC at 8PM.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thanks Smile ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
It'll take awhile to get used to the windshields, that's for sure.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Just after the first pit stops, it looks like NBC is having more technical issues than the cars.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
It'll take awhile to get used to the windshields, that's for sure.

Jim

It sure does.

If they were sponsored by MAD magazine, they could be painted to look like the guys from Spy v/s Spy (minus the hats).

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Yeah Safety screens
Weird

But the racing was good!

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It beats watching sim racing, that's for sure. Now we have to wait a month for the next race.

Next up is the Indy Grand Prix. Pretty sure this is also the Indy/NASCAR Doubleheader weekend.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thread title updated

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
We're back this weekend for the very first IndyCar/NASCAR Doubleheader at Indianapolis.

Friday will be qualifying for everyone. Saturday, IndyCar will be on NBC at noonish for the Indy Grand Prix and later on NASCAR Xfinity will be racing on the Indy Road Course. Sunday will be the Brickyard 400. Somewhere in the middle of all of this, Jimmie Johnson will also get to test a Ganassi IndyCar on the Indy Road Course.

Sounds like a great weekend of real racing.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Thanks for heads up - I'd forgotten they were going to run the road course. We'll watch that, have fond memories of that from all the F1 races there, plus walking the infield part of it when up there for the Brickyard one year.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Back to back races at Road America.
Good to see someone besides Scott Dixon win, but it was his teammate this time.
Pretty good race on Sunday. Sorry to see O'Ward have to save tires and fuel at the end and have it stolen away at the end after taking his first pole and leading (almost) all the way.
The Rahal accident could have been a lot worse if he was about 12 inches to the left when he hit that barrier.

posted Hide Post
It was nice to see the NTT Data car finally win one - albeit it more than a year after I retired from the company. It was also great to hear the broadcasters call out the Team McCain sticker on Felix's car. John McCain was a great guy and I miss him a lot.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Roger Penske is looking to add more doubleheader races into next year's schedule, and hopefully Road America is on that list. F1 wasn't too bad in Austria, but 2 days at Road America was f'n awesome! This was a case where the driver and pit crews' abilities won them the race instead of having the best car.

And before someone goes off half-cocked, the John McCain in question was the CEO of NTT Data, not a certain infamous senator...

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Phew! Thanks for the clarification, DanH.
Just the opposite of politics in a non-political thread, excising it. Big Grin

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Something else to keep in mind, if you have a cable subscription to NBC Sports, you can watch entire replays. Here's the highlights of both races (complete with 2 crowds):

Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or are others tired of Townsend Bell as one of the commentators? I thought Hinchclife was enjoyable and knowledgeable vs Townsend who just seems to make things up as he goes.

There definitely seemed to be chemistry between Hinchclife and Paul Tracy.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Compared to Scott Goodyear and IRL 500 Champion Eddie Cheever (c) ? Any downside to Townsend Bell gets erased compared to the godawful Always Bad Coverage or the crap that SkyF1 puts out.

I will say that Bell can play up the antagonist role with Paul Tracy a little too much. And if course Hinch gets along with PT because PT was a hero to Hinch and PT loves having his ego stroked.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
crap that SkyF1

I'll take it over the every-15 minute commercial runs on Speed/MT TV before we got this!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Bob Varsha will always be the MAN, and the fact Steve Matchett isn't on the UK broadcast is beyond stupid. There's no one better at explaining F1 Tech than him as opposed to their idiot driver line up (and I still swear to God that Paul di Resta still needs subtitles whenever he talks).

posted Hide Post
I guess I'm the opposite. I like Bell but Tracy drives me nuts. I'd love for them to replace PT with Hinchcliffe ASAP.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post