SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Liam Neeson's "The Commuter" in one word
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liam Neeson's "The Commuter" in one word Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Facepalm.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
As with Matt Damon: I won't watch another Liam Neeson film ever since he's become vocally anti-gun. It's not that he's anti-gun. It's the hypocrisy. These assholes make a metric shit ton of money glorifying unrealistic levels of violence, often with guns, then propose the people be disarmed "because gun violence."

Fuck. Them.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Actors political statements hardly ever trascend the ecuatorial line. Guess it's a blessing of sorts.

As far as gun rights go, we simply have none. Largely limited and barely tolerated would be the rule for nations used to traditionaly dictatorial military ruled nations with poor education and religious submition as part of the inefficient education. Democracy is young whether corruption and oppresion are long established and cultivated as the backbone of society.

People stupid enough to follow actors (talking self propelled puñpets) as raw models probably deserve what they get in return. Wink

0-0

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it simply because as soon as Taken became successful he's had a bunch of similar movies come out.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
This last one is a cheap knock off of the plane one.

Expect him to become hostage/hero on one riding a merry go round next.

0-0

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I haven't seen it simply because as soon as Taken became successful he's had a bunch of similar movies come out.

I was about to comment about how someone has hacked your avatar. And then I remembered what day it is. Nicely done. Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post