SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Someone I used to know is a pretty good guitarist
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone I used to know is a pretty good guitarist Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted
And she was the guitarist on Natalie Merchant's 1995 album, Tigerlilly.

I stumbled on the video below and it blew me away. I really liked that album, and had no idea someone I used to know was the guitarist on it. Jen flat out rocks on the guitar.

Jen Turner is 2 years older than me and was in my sister's grade. She lived about 2 miles from us, and my sister still talks with her parents a few times per year. I will admit to having a secret crush on her during my teenage years. She has a super cool personality, but it's been 20+ years since I've talked with her. The interview videos has some pictures from her in ~1994...just how I remember her from high school. Time flies.

Anyway, here are 2 videos, enjoy.

Interview:

Concert from 95. I think Natalie learned her dance moves from Elaine on Seinfeld.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
That is really cool. Smile

I really liked Tigerlily a lot. I'm giving it another listen right now.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed watching and listening to both videos. She’s a fantastic guitar player, and I understand she plays keyboards and bass as well. Pretty neat

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post