Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get Out Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
Anybody see this? I don't watch very many movies, but did find this entertaining. Some nice little twists. A bit predictable, but still fun.

https://www.uphe.com/movies/get-out

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 6guns,

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I had NO clue what this movie was. I just went to get out of the house. I was surprised. It was a great movie, that was well acted, with lots of twist. A very original and clever script. Definitely worth the watch.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t this done by one of the Key and Peele guys? I have heard almost all good things but haven’t seen as of yet.

I know it’s not a satire/comedy but a real horror/suspense flick which makes it all the more impressive if it came from one or both of those guys.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I would have gone to see it, but I don't Get Out much.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Peele wrote and directed the film.

It was a fun ride.

quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Wasn’t this done by one of the Key and Peele guys? I have heard almost all good things but haven’t seen as of yet.

I know it’s not a satire/comedy but a real horror/suspense flick which makes it all the more impressive if it came from one or both of those guys.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
It is available on HBO right now. I've got it on the watchlist.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
It's a very conservative movie.

[Spoilers]
And by that I mean that the white liberal Obama voters' goal is to suck the life force out of black people and use it for their own purposes. I wonder if Poole knew that when he wrote it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know it’s not a satire/comedy...

quote:
I wonder if Poole knew that when he wrote it.

You guys are kidding right? There are many layers to the movie. It can be viewed as a simple horror movie, but it is filled w/ satire and intentional social commentary - yes - mostly commentary about racism.

The protagonist gets harassed by police officers, i.e., 'driving while black.' The original ending had the protagonist getting shot by cops. That's obvious stuff.

The more subversive commentary has to do w/ how liberals and SJW types who love signaling their virtue also have racist tendencies, they're just sneakier about it.

In an interview, Peele remarked, "You find the insidious qualities that white liberals have,” Peele said. “The gut punch of the movie is ultimately meant to say that racism is a human problem and the ‘woke’ people know not to call themselves ‘woke.'"

http://variety.com/2017/film/n...c-racism-1202604824/

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Watched it tonight. I thought it was ok. Not the best and not the worst. I did feel like the ratings sites were too praising.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Iron chef,

I haven’t seen it. I was just saying I was aware it wasn’t typical Key and Peele comedy / satire.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
It's a very conservative movie.

[Spoilers]
And by that I mean that the white liberal Obama voters' goal is to suck the life force out of black people and use it for their own purposes. I wonder if Poole knew that when he wrote it.

You do realize that he is mixed? White and black.

Key was born in Detroit, Michigan.[1][2] He was adopted as a child by Patricia Walsh and Michael Key, both social workers. His biological and adoptive fathers are both African-American, and his biological and adoptive mothers are both Caucasian; he has met his biological mother, Carrie Herr.[2] He later also discovered that he had two half-brothers who were both already deceased, one of them comic book writer Dwayne McDuffie.[3][4]

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post