SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    RIP Chadwick Boseman, the 43yo actor has died of colon cancer.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Chadwick Boseman, the 43yo actor has died of colon cancer. Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I predict Mr Chadwick will win a posthumous Best Actor award for his yet to be released film (on Netflix no less)

Hell, might even be awarded before the film's release.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Moderated status, seven days
Moderated status removed

Posts: 107594 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought he did well in the roles he was in and didn't come across as the typical Hollywood idiot.

Naturally all media and celebrities are going out of their way to remember him. While 43 is much too early to pass, it's too obvious how overboard and rediculous they're taking their 'remembrances' of Boseman.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
He was a good actor. Not Oscar type acting but solid. Really enjoyed his acting as Jackie Robinson, Thurgood Marshall, and James Brown. Get on Up is a personal favorite film that he did as I am a huge James Brown fan.

His death is being politicized because of his acting role in Black Panther. For some reason anyone in a comic movie is held up higher than anyone else. I saw the movie and thought it was mostly good but let down by bad acting by Michael B Jordan, to me bad casting. I just couldn’t believe anyone that went to Harvard, and MIT, and was a seal or whatever would talk like that. One of my black friends said to me about it “You don’t understand, it’s the first BLACK comic movie” to which I replied, what the fuck happened to Blade? You know Wesley Snipes as the Daywalking, vampire killing badass? He was the first “black” comic book hero, lead, etc, and that shit came out in something like 1998, 20 years ago. It wasn’t just one film either it was three. And the Wachowski sisters stole a lot of costume design from that film for the Matrix. The first Blade film was innovative for the time and Wesley Snipes was an excellent casting for it. His response “Well that was different. Black Panther EVERYONE was black.” Roll Eyes I told him Blade was my favorite superho, and film, and I also liked the third one because Jessica Biel was in it although I had to put up with that loud mouth jackass Ryan Reynolds. But the point was I don’t remember a bunch of hoopla and bs when Blade came out. In this current environment when Panther was released, it’s like they forgot that Snipes was the trendsetter and the first. To them that doesn’t count. Ok twattersphere.

This “movement” is grabbing onto Boseman as some spiritual leader all because of America’s infatuation with SuperHos, men wearing tights, with many of them taking steroids, growth hormone and testosterone to bulk up for these films. Boseman was a very class act from my point of view, and it’s a shame he is being drug into this political mess. May he Rest In Peace and leave his family alone. I really hope a bunch of idiots don’t show up to his viewing or funeral in masks and costumes and all that bullshit. Leave the family alone and let the man Rest In Peace. He died much too young.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
He was a good actor. Not Oscar type acting but solid. Really enjoyed his acting as Jackie Robinson, Thurgood Marshall, and James Brown. Get on Up is a personal favorite film that he did as I am a huge James Brown fan.

His death is being politicized because of his acting role in Black Panther. For some reason anyone in a comic movie is held up higher than anyone else. I saw the movie and thought it was mostly good but let down by bad acting by Michael B Jordan, to me bad casting. I just couldn’t believe anyone that went to Harvard, and MIT, and was a seal or whatever would talk like that. One of my black friends said to me about it “You don’t understand, it’s the first BLACK comic movie” to which I replied, what the fuck happened to Blade? You know Wesley Snipes as the Daywalking, vampire killing badass? He was the first “black” comic book hero, lead, etc, and that shit came out in something like 1998, 20 years ago. It wasn’t just one film either it was three. And the Wachowski sisters stole a lot of costume design from that film for the Matrix. The first Blade film was innovative for the time and Wesley Snipes was an excellent casting for it. His response “Well that was different. Black Panther EVERYONE was black.” Roll Eyes I told him Blade was my favorite superho, and film, and I also liked the third one because Jessica Biel was in it although I had to put up with that loud mouth jackass Ryan Reynolds. But the point was I don’t remember a bunch of hoopla and bs when Blade came out. In this current environment when Panther was released, it’s like they forgot that Snipes was the trendsetter and the first. To them that doesn’t count. Ok twattersphere.

This “movement” is grabbing onto Boseman as some spiritual leader all because of America’s infatuation with SuperHos, men wearing tights, with many of them taking steroids, growth hormone and testosterone to bulk up for these films. Boseman was a very class act from my point of view, and it’s a shame he is being drug into this political mess. May he Rest In Peace and leave his family alone. I really hope a bunch of idiots don’t show up to his viewing or funeral in masks and costumes and all that bullshit. Leave the family alone and let the man Rest In Peace. He died much too young.

Agreed Pre. I enjoyed his work. He was very reserved as far as hollywood goes and never brought up that he was sick. RIP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For anyone who thinks the reaction of the media is perfectly normal regarding the death of this guy:

ABC to air “Black Panther” commercial-free as tribute to Chadwick Boseman The film will be followed by an ABC News Special, “Chadwick Boseman: A Tribute for a King.

NEW YORK — ABC will air “Black Panther” commercial-free Sunday as a prime-time tribute to Chadwick Boseman.

The film will be followed by an ABC News Special, “Chadwick Bosmeman: A Tribute for a King.” Disney said the special “will celebrate Boseman’s storied life, legacy and career” and “shine a light on the medical condition he privately battled.”

Boseman died Friday after a four-year battle with colon cancer. He was 43.

Walt Disney Co., which owns ABC, released “Black Panther” as well as the other three Marvel movies Boseman appeared in. The film will be broadcast at 8 p.m. EDT, with the special following at 10:20 p.m. EDT.

“Black Panther” won three Oscars, was nominated for best picture and grossed more than $1.3 billion worldwide.

Sunday’s airing will make the film widely watchable at the same time in several regions and could a collective place to celebrate and grieve Boseman. He is the latest major Black figure to die in 2020, which has already seen the loss of civil rights legend John Lewis and retired NBA star Kobe Bryant.

Any questions? Any doubts now?

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Guy was a good actor but definitely not a legend.

Of course, everyone wants to show how "woke" they are and put him on the pedestal.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not merely a legend- a KING!!

Walt Disney and ABC, giving up primetime ad revenue! A Sunday, no less. These racist maggots are serious, folks. Disney Corp- the most money-grubbing people on the Earth, the people who launch a raft of lawyers to sue and destroy the business of some guy with an ice cream stand in the middle of nowhere that has dizz-nee in its name- these filthy, evil money worshipers are giving up ad revenue. That's like a faithful member of a religion denying their messiah!

These people are mentally ill

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
As I posted above, I don't know who this person is. Sorry he died at a young age, good person and all of that, good young people die everyday that I have never heard of.

But seriously? A KING?

Kirk Douglas died this year, hardly a whimper about him. And I could go on for days like this.

We ALL know WHY they're doing this, it is written in crayon. I don't have disgust for the man, RIP, I have disgust with The Machine.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
But he was a king.

Of Wakanda.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Tonight they're also going to award him the Oscar for "Best Actor Who Wasn't There."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Barack Obama can get a Nobel Peace Prize, this guy should be a shoe-in for an Oscar.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Disney Corp- the most money-grubbing people on the Earth,

I try to explain to people how Disney has hurt Orlando more than it has helped it and people look at me like I'm crazy.

Yeah, like having a bunch of $12/hour jobs while driving up the cost of living and increasing traffic to intolerable levels while charging people $20 for basic parking and $12 for a shitty burger is doing the Orlando economy really good. Basic 2/1 apartment in Orlando is $1,100 month. I'm not a genius or a good looking guy but that comes out to $480/week if you get to work full time or $1,920 gross a month. Take out for taxes and you're probably closer to $1,400/month. I'm sure bills besides rent will eat that money up really quick.

Orlando is one of the most soulless places I've ever been. It's not even a city, it's a huge suburb filled with chain restaurants and outlet malls.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Apparently, his final tweet was in support of Kamala Harris.

That instantly elevated him to "legendary" status to the woke crowd. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2661 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I guess he's Black Jesus: 2020 MTV VMAs dedicates show to Chadwick Boseman: 'He is a true hero'

At this point, I think it would actually piss them off if a mistake had been made and he turned out to be alive.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The other guy who played Jackie Robinson was better.

Method actor though he was. Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd better see an image of this Shadwick BeeBop guy in my toast tomorrow or I'll declare him a false prophet. Oh, sorry, Disney Corp is involved, so make that "false profit"

I heard he fed 5000 with three loaves and an iPhone. We won't even go into that 'driving the money changers out of the temple' thing. Disney Corp had a judge issue a cease-and-desist order on that.

I'm older than I look
posted Hide Post
RIP

Posts: 1939 | Location: San Fernando Valley, CA | Registered: September 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, wait. I see now. Jackie Robinson? Black Panther? Yeah, it makes sense now.

Don't forget the James Brown movie too. Eek
The pattern of the roles is obvious.
Only saw the James Brown movie which wasn't terrible.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post