SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Flatliners (2017)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flatliners (2017) Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
If you're going to remake a movie, might as well do it from an obscure Kiefer Sutherland film:

https://youtu.be/gUDV0CUzG0k

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
And Julia Roberts, Kevin Bacon....shit the original wasn't even that great. Damn Hollyweird is out of ideas. I thought the writer strike ended? These scripts are shit. Come up with something new!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12636 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Per the wiki article, it's a sequel, not a remake.

On October 5, 2015, a remake starring Ellen Page and Diego Luna was announced, following the casting of Nina Dobrev, James Norton and Kiersey Clemons. Kiefer Sutherland will return for the remake. Sutherland later disclosed that he was reprising his role from the original film, revealing that the new film would actually be a sequel rather than a remake. Directed by Danish filmmaker Niels Arden Oplev, it is scheduled to be released on September 29, 2017.

So at least that's something.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing that movie as a kid. It messed me up pretty good for a while.

I'll probably check this one out. Will definitely wait until redbox or netflix though

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I think the best thing about the original was Oliver Platt. I'm not fond of Ellen Page, so I'll likely pass on this one. Or catch it on cable one distant day in the future.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'll add it to my growing list of TV/movies that were favorites when growing up that I refuse to watch shitty remakes of by an ideas-bankrupt, money-grubbing Hollywood:

Red Dawn
A-Team
Dukes of Hazzard
Now Flatliners

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
This should be interesting considering you can't really shock a heart that's asystolic (flatlined) back to life again. That's pure movie myth.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'll add it to my growing list of TV/movies that were favorites when growing up that I refuse to watch shitty remakes of by an ideas-bankrupt, money-grubbing Hollywood:

Red Dawn
A-Team
Dukes of Hazzard

Remakes.

quote:
Now Flatliners

A sequel, not a remake.

It may still indicate a lack of novel ideas, but we should try to give what little credit is due where it is.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post