SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The Son" is a great, 2 season series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Son" is a great, 2 season series Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted
I'm half way through season 2, and I'd say it's the best series I have ever watched. Before "The Son," I probably would have said, "The Wire," or "The Sopranos."

Not to spoil anything, I'll just say that everything about it is superb, especially if, like me, you enjoy historical pieces. The scope of the series, moving back and forth over a period of more than 100 years in the same general area of south Texas, and the same McCullough family, is spellbinding, and managed beautifully.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Its on Netflix if anyone is wondering. I added it to my list to watch.

Thank.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ Same title, but not the series I'm talking about, which is on Amazon Prime only.

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I liked it too for your same reasons.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Is this the Pierce Brosnan series? I remember commercials for it, but never got around to giving it a shot.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15321 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes. I was never a Pierce Brosnan fan, but he can act. As can everyone in this series-- great acting!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
His time with the Indians was the best part of the series.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. It requires some major suspension of belief that the Brosnan character could still be in such good condition at that advanced age, but I've suspended my belief a lot more than that to enjoy a TV show.
The ending has some twists, which makes it fun, but remains true to the characters.
I also like the way Brosnan handles accents and dialog in his various roles. This was a good example of that.

Posts: 631 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Tiehteti Taiboo "Pathetic White Boy"

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post