SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fans of the Gymkhana series, rejoice!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fans of the Gymkhana series, rejoice! Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
To mark the tenth anniversary of the original Gymkhana video, Hoonigan and Ken Block have partnered up with Amazon to create a eight-part series showing what went in to creating those videos from previous Gymkhanas while also leading up to the debut of the tenth Gymkhana.

Gymkhana Files debuts November 16. Each week will offer two episodes. On the fourth week, Amazon viewers will be able to see Gymkhana 10 ten days before its official debut on other media sources, such as YouTube.

Gymkhana Files (November 16)

https://youtu.be/VkIdD5jUClU

Gymkhana 10 (December 17)

https://youtu.be/xpB25Cn-vXA

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The vehicle purpose-built for Gymkhana 10 has been revealed!

https://youtu.be/FgqyzQY9gks

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Calling that a 1977 F-150 is ... kind of a stretch.

It looks like the entire drivetrain, suspension, chassis, and interior are totally custom and don't have anything to do with an F-150.

It looks like the only thing it actually has from a 1977 F-150 are some body panels and the mirrors.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You could say that for all the vehicles he uses in the videos, everyone of them is purpose built.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I thought this was about those bad karate movies... was thinking "what fans?"

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
First two episodes of Gymkhana Files are now available on Amazon Prime. 30 minutes each. Episode 1 details the production of the Climbkhana video while Episode 2 goes behind the scenes of one segment of the upcoming Gymkhana Ten.

Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up! The limits he drives at are absolutely amazing.

Pretty slick truck. The trailer hitch is a nice touch Big Grin

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Amazing what founding DC shoes has done for the guy.

Build a company and look what can happen.

Entertaining for sure.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching the series and was really impressed. Not only does his driving astound me but he seems like a very cool, down to earth guy.

As a production geek I was also amazed by the camera work and how much goes into that part of it

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched all 8. I think the BTS stuff is more interesting than the film itself.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I definitely feel like watching the BTS stuff was more interesting than watching Gymkhana 10. It's sad that this may be the last one with manufacturer support they ever do.

posted Hide Post
I'm not a Ford guy, so not a big loss to me. I actually liked the Subaru from 2(?) better.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The official release:

https://youtu.be/m_KBvP0_8Tc

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
The different ones are all cool, but I like the Shamrock one the best.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Here's a full-length video detailing the design features of the "Hoonitruck:"

https://youtu.be/IGTGtl6gbEQ