SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    PBS Nova this month: Chinese terra cotta soldiers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PBS Nova this month: Chinese terra cotta soldiers Login/Join 
posted
We just got home from a China tour and visited this site.

http://www.pbs.org/video/nova-emperors-ghost-army/

Emperor's Ghost Army

The story of the terra-cotta army found in the mausoleum of the first emperor of China, Qin Shi Huang, including how and why the clay warriors were made. Also: the technology behind the statues' still-lethal crossbows, spears, and swords.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Tell me about your tour. What company did you use? Always looking for my next destination.

Posts: 11165 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Saw these on an exhibit in ATL years ago. Really incredible.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Tell me about your tour. What company did you use? Always looking for my next destination.

We did a Viking cruise-tour, 8 days on the Yangzte River and then two weeks on land. We also did a three day add on in Hong Kong.

https://www.vikingrivercruises...i-beijing/index.html

It was my first ever cruise and guided tour. I've traveled a lot, but on my own. I have nothing but good things to say about Viking, contact me off line to chat more.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post