SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    WEEZER Covers Toto’s “Africa” ... and it’s great!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WEEZER Covers Toto’s “Africa” ... and it’s great! Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing

I love that song

And that version does it justice

There’s a video somewhere on YouTube of two old guys at a pizza restaurant doing it thst is amazing as well

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Needs moar distortion!

It's really sweet till the chorus, but the guitar at that part is too overpowering relative to the rest of the song, IMO. (I'm listening on earbuds, so maybe that makes it worse.)

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Needs moar distortion!

It's really sweet till the chorus, but the guitar at that part is too overpowering relative to the rest of the song, IMO. (I'm listening on earbuds, so maybe that makes it worse.)

egahds, you are right.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Agree on the distortion. Good cover though. I’d like to hear it on good phones instead of through a Bluetooth speaker.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Now this is a cover.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/q260bjSiyq0

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39713 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGheV059UBA

Some guys bored on a ship doing a video. The funny part is I have been working commercial ships so long I can tell the position of each of the crew just from their appearance.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2768 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I like the guitar during the chorus. Only thing that really makes it distinguished from the original...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Not bad, but I prefer this guy's cover:

Posts: 19951 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I generally like the often light hearted Weezer covers.
(Hit me baby one more time, Uptown Girl, Velouria)That one, I think if I were flipping through the dial quick, I might not have noticed it was a cover. Of course with that song, I wouldn't stop flipping either way.

Posts: 21030 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Now this is a cover.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/q260bjSiyq0

It’s good, but Enter Sandman is better Razz

RB

Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Frog Leap gets my vote, too.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15111 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Thread drift rant: "Feat." Roll Eyes

Why is everything "Feat." now? (featuring) What ever happen to "w/" Wink

Posts: 21030 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm going to the Weezer/Pixies show this summer, this just excites me more.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
They also covered Toto's "Rosanna."

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Not an audiophile, obviously, but the bass was making my right eye twitch. Had to turn the volume lower than normal levels.

Posts: 1995 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Not an audiophile, obviously, but the bass was making my right eye twitch. Had to turn the volume lower than normal levels.

there's no such thing as too much bass. this is known.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Here you go. Smile

And no, the beat-box guy isn’t really Jerry Seinfeld.

(I’ve had the pleasure of conducting this arrangement with a choir 3 times, and it brings the house down each time!!!)

https://youtu.be/yjbpwlqp5Qw

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
That’s the one I was talking about!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Not bad, but I prefer this guy's cover:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MLrC7e3vSv8" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post